Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you know if you are AB or slightly AB

nappiboy

Default How do you know if you are AB or slightly AB

This probably sounds funny, but I have always though of myself as a DL only.

But resently I have had the desire to purchase a onesie. A few weeks ago I replaced my baby paci for a NUK 5 and love to sleep with it. I have also found myself occasionally regressing slightly without realizing when I'm diapered.

My question is am I starting to let my AB side out, or can a person who is a DL be slightly AB, or am I ABDL??
    I'm not worried if I am AB as I think most DL's have to be a bit AB anyway. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by nappiboy View Post
    This probably sounds funny, but I have always though of myself as a DL only.

But resently I have had the desire to purchase a onesie. A few weeks ago I replaced my baby paci for a NUK 5 and love to sleep with it. I have also found myself occasionally regressing slightly without realizing when I'm diapered.

My question is am I starting to let my AB side out, or can a person who is a DL be slightly AB, or am I ABDL??
    I'm not worried if I am AB as I think most DL's have to be a bit AB anyway. What do you think?
    I went through the same thing: when I was a teen I was all about the diapers, I was pure DL.
    I think this may be because even when I was a very little kid I never liked pacis, or sucking my thumb, or stuffed animals et al... so it took me a while to get round to trying them out. I know some people are very much into doing the same things they did as real babies/toddlers but my developing AB side is very different to how I was as a real kid, and I think thats why it took me a while to get into.
    Now that I'm developing an AB side I always style myself ABDL as one thing, because for me they aren't separate. Since no-one is going to make you take an AB driving test before you can say you're an AB or ABDL, I think you should use whatever label you feel comfortable with

Very similar here. All through my teens I was a DL on and off. I was aware of AB stuff from late teens onwards, but found it a bit repulsive to be honest. I believed that 'baby stuff' was for babies due to strong social conditioning.

Well anyway, over the last year or so, I've become so interested in AB stuff that I just had to explore it more and more. Multiple purchases later and I would say I'm now probably 50/50 ABDL. But I don't really care about labels, or whether I'm 'this' or 'that'... I just do my thing in order to fulfil my desires

alu

it depends if you wear for pleasure i guess ,it also depends on how you see yourself as.

it's funny really, because in the beginning I was only about the diapers and I didn't really have any desire for baby things. then I started gaining curiosity until I tried it (and loved it). Now my AB is actually more stronger than my DL side. I would rather huggle my plushie and suck my paci then just wear a diaper alone

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
    I would say I'm now probably 50/50 ABDL. But I don't really care about labels, or whether I'm 'this' or 'that'... I just do my thing in order to fulfil my desires
    Well said Breeze, as I was reading down through this thread, that is exactly what I had in mind to say. I do what I feel I need in order to satisfy my inner desire. Sometime I wear a diaper while doing grown up things like mowing grass, or what not. Then there are times I sorta act in a regressed manner. In the end, I feel better and more refreshed from stress.

I'll add in and say I'm another who stated in my teens as a DL and it has only been later that I've discovered and enjoyed the AB aspect. I think a lot of it has to do with self awareness. As a teen when I wore and wet, I would regress and feel babyish. It was sexual for me, and the end goal was to achieve some sense of feeling like a baby. I just didn't realize it yet, and as others have said, making a connection, even a slight one, was very embarrassing and damaged my sense of self worth. Now I fully accept who I am and I enjoy the babyish things in my life, onsies, footed pajamas and my plushies.

The distinction between AB and DL is an artificial one. Some people only like diapers, some people only like age play, but I think most of us are somewhere in between. I think the most important thing is to not let your label limit your self-exploration. It sounds like you're interested in regressing, so I say go an explore that and see where it takes you. How you identify is more a way of letting other people know something about you than a determination of who you are. If you find that going by the title "AB" gives people the best impression of you, go with that. Or, if you think "DL" better captures what you're into, go with that. And if neither really does the job well, then I'd just go with the generic "ABDL." That's what I go by, and it's served me well.

nappiboy

Thanks for the support everyone. I think the labeling of us is as you all have said only a label. I am happy to be me and that is what counts.

I think I will have to go with DL slightly AB and see how my AB side goes.

It is entirely possible to be a DL with AB tendencies, or just an AB/DL who hasn't used his AB side yet. It sounds like it's just the first thing though, but it could always evolve into being a complete AB/DL.