Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Memories of wearing diapers before they were a choice?

Question Memories of wearing diapers before they were a choice?

For those who've worn diapers exclusively by choice (i.e., since being potty-trained), I'd be interested to know: How many of you have any lingering memories of wearing diapers by necessity?

My early childhood memories are often greeted with skepticism by family and friends, but I'm sure they're real. A few are from being three years old, and quite a few more are from being four. My memories of being three are all imagery. The ones from four vary quite a bit. For instance, I remember being at a playground when my mom said something about me being "four-and-a-half" years old. For some reason, the "-and-a-half" bit really upset me, and I remember screaming and crying and telling her that I was just four. Little children behave so strangely!

Most interestingly, perhaps, is that I have precisely one memory of having a diaper put on me. I recall lying on my back in bed, watching mom fold in the sides of a cloth diaper that was already half underneath me, then bring it up between my legs and fan it back out. That's it. Not a lot! I've always assumed this was from when I was three years old, as the subject of potty training *did* occasionally come up later, and from this I learned that I was fully trained before my fourth birthday.

I've often wondered whether my "diaper memory" ever surfaced between the ages of four (when I was trained) and seven (when I started wearing my sister's diapers), or whether it suddenly reappeared in response to my interest in diapers. I'll never know, I expect! Regardless, this memory was central to my early interest in diapers, and many of my early attempts to put diapers on myself were also attempts to recreate that memory. And, fortunately, my sister's diapers were just my hand-me-downs and I was still little enough to fit in them, so my attempts were highly successful!

Anybody else have early memories of wearing diapers, especially from a time before diapers were a choice?

Best,
    -LL

The times and ages are blurry, but I can recall being diapered after having wet pants on several - nay probably many occasions. The earliest was when I pee'd whilst riding in a baby buggy being pushed by my father - Mum insisted we went into an alley where I was put into a diaper and back into the buggy for the rest of the journey home.

djcrinkles

I can remember sitting in front of the tv with a diaper on under pajamas, watching cartoons. Could of been three, not much more. I remember the feeling of the wet diaper, and liking it. I also remember hiding behind a chair after a nap because I didn't want my diaper removed. I think I was trying to prolong the time diapered, versus training pants or underwear. It was the babysitter I was avoiding, as I remember.

pamperboy231

i remeber i was potty trained by 2 and when i was 3 put in diapers when we went on a church night so i wont have an accidents and I did end up in a poopy diaper

Only time I really remember wearing diapers was after I was potty trained or near the end. I had been staying at my cousins house for the night while parents were out of town. I must have wet a bit in my underware, cause I remember my aunt putting one of my cousins diapers on me. Not sure if I used it that night, but when they picked us up the next morning, I remember my aunt taking the diaper off and putting my underware back on. I think that was the time I got hooked on diapers, been wearing them on and off since.

Thanks, everybody, for the great replies so far! They're a lot of fun to read! As I expected, quite a few of you remember being in diapers as a toddler. DL's must have better-than-average memories! I expect these are mostly fond memories, too. Mine certainly is!

Quote Originally Posted by XboxGamer123 View Post
    I believe I was trained before 3 years old. I don't remember anything before that. Possibly from being potty trained at a really young age has made me a DL or a TB.
    Sounds quite possible. I've heard a few other DLs talk about being rushed out of diapers or pressured to train. I'm definitely a fan of letting kids move at their own pace in this regard! I was allowed to move at my own pace (I think), and instead tend to suspect that it was envy of my younger sister that got me back into diapers. But that's for another topic!

Quote Originally Posted by XboxGamer123 View Post
    I remember when I was 3 we still has nappieseft over in a box so every morning I would put one on a wear it and use it. My mum would always take it off me and eventually they got taken away forever
    Sorry! Yeah... after I was caught at seven years old, mom definitely kept a closer eye on the diapers (my sister's--fortunately, they couldn't be taken away completely at that time!)

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    The times and ages are blurry, but I can recall being diapered after having wet pants on several - nay probably many occasions. The earliest was when I pee'd whilst riding in a baby buggy being pushed by my father - Mum insisted we went into an alley where I was put into a diaper and back into the buggy for the rest of the journey home.
    That's great! As a DL and a parent, I can both appreciate a wonderful memory of being diapered as well as sympathize with the urgency your parents must have felt while trying to keep you dry!

Quote Originally Posted by djcrinkles View Post
    I can remember sitting in front of the tv with a diaper on under pajamas, watching cartoons. Could of been three, not much more. I remember the feeling of the wet diaper, and liking it. I also remember hiding behind a chair after a nap because I didn't want my diaper removed. I think I was trying to prolong the time diapered, versus training pants or underwear. It was the babysitter I was avoiding, as I remember.
    Wonderful. Makes me wish I could remember more about actually wearing/using my diapers at that age. Alas not! I also feel like I missed out a bit on the training pants experience, although it sounds like you didn't want training pants! With my mom, there were no training pants. You were either in a diaper or you were in regular underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by pamperboy231 View Post
    i remeber i was potty trained by 2 and when i was 3 put in diapers when we went on a church night so i wont have an accidents and I did end up in a poopy diaper
    Good thinking by your parents there, I guess! As a pre-teen DL, I constantly fantasized about those "just in case" diaperings. At seven years old, I went on a camping trip with some friends of the family. They had a five-year-old who, apparently, had a small bladder, and I remember her protesting being put into a diaper (this was before Pull-Ups!) before getting into the car for the long drive. I soooooo wanted to trade places with her!

Quote Originally Posted by bigb53083 View Post
    Only time I really remember wearing diapers was after I was potty trained or near the end. I had been staying at my cousins house for the night while parents were out of town. I must have wet a bit in my underware, cause I remember my aunt putting one of my cousins diapers on me. Not sure if I used it that night, but when they picked us up the next morning, I remember my aunt taking the diaper off and putting my underware back on. I think that was the time I got hooked on diapers, been wearing them on and off since.
    Sounds SOOO wonderful now, yes? I can hardly imagine! Makes me wish I could go back to being 3-4 and have a "strategic accident" or two!

Best,
    -LL

-waves-

I remember a LOT about my early diaper days. In fact, almost all of the memories I have from before my sixth birthday are related to diapers. If I have more time, I'll post a full story about it..!

I remember (extremely vaugely) the day I stopped wearing pull-ups in the day. I remember that I was disappointing for some reason. I do not however, remember [at all] how I got fully toilet trained; but my mom does. I may explain later... maybe.