Thread: Not sure what my feelings mean, if anything.

Default Not sure what my feelings mean, if anything.

This is my first thread in this board, so be gentle with me. I also post some kinda.. well, not graphic but I talk a little about things that some people consider fetish-y so I thought I would warn people before going forward.

I have never considered myself a furry or furry-like at all, nor have I really considered the idea that I would ever be one at all. However, I have some feelings that sometimes make me wonder, and I just want your opinions if these feelings mean anything, or if they just are natural things that I shouldn't be worried about labeling or stressing about and should just enjoy.

I have always had a submissive personality, and I have realize that I have had some real interest in well.. kinda "being a dog". I dunno what aspect of it is, but I have through just examining my behavior realize that I really like being called a "good girl" and getting "petted" on the head. That's a really powerful happy thing for me, and it makes me feel I dunno, cute and just happy. I used to own this cute little pink dog collar that I liked to wear in private because I thought it gave me this adorable look. I have fantasies sometimes about switching bodies (I have a thing for body swap fiction) or lives with a dog, sometimes still being a human and just being treated like a dog, but mostly they involve me being a slightly humanoid dog or just a dog in general.

More so, I find that if I can find a cute, child-like furry image of a young furry girl I can really find myself liking the image a lot. I really can find the idea of me being a sheep, a duck, or a bunny, or something else cute and fluffy a great thing. I also am into Pokemon and I like to imagine myself being a Gothita, or a Misdreavus or a Mawile and they are some more humanoid-ish Pokemon. This might just be normal for a person or a Pokemon fan, so I've never really thought about them unless I also remember my dog thing.

I really used to think the only reason I liked the "dog" stuff was because I was a submissive, but more and more I just wonder. Any opinion would be wonderful, and I hoped I didn't gross anyone out or offend anyone.

Feel free to be honest, or just say they are nothing. I'm just curious as to what people in the community might think, if anything. Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    I have never considered myself a furry or furry-like at all, nor have I really considered the idea that I would ever be one at all. However, I have some feelings that sometimes make me wonder, and I just want your opinions if these feelings mean anything, or if they just are natural things that I shouldn't be worried about labeling or stressing about and should just enjoy.

I have always had a submissive personality, and I have realize that I have had some real interest in well.. kinda "being a dog". I dunno what aspect of it is, but I have through just examining my behavior realize that I really like being called a "good girl" and getting "petted" on the head. That's a really powerful happy thing for me, and it makes me feel I dunno, cute and just happy. I used to own this cute little pink dog collar that I liked to wear in private because I thought it gave me this adorable look. I have fantasies sometimes about switching bodies (I have a thing for body swap fiction) or lives with a dog, sometimes still being a human and just being treated like a dog, but mostly they involve me being a slightly humanoid dog or just a dog in general.
    Furry is really just a label, It sounds to me like you would enjoy what the fandom has to offer.

But too me it sounds normal, I have the same feelings. I love Anthro artwork and will sit around and imagine being my fursona. I love when my friend tells me "bad dog." So I wouldn't worry at all. Your feelings are completely normal.

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    Furry is really just a label, It sounds to me like you would enjoy what the fandom has to offer.

But too me it sounds normal, I have the same feelings. I love Anthro artwork and will sit around and imagine being my fursona. I love when my friend tells me "bad dog." So I wouldn't worry at all. Your feelings are completely normal.
    I totally agree that Furry is just a label and I should do well to just think of it as unnecessary. Thanks for saying that.

I just have well, no idea on if I feel I should explore these feelings, how I would go about exploring them, or if it would be meaningful to me. I suppose maybe I'm the only one who could answer this, but I was wondering if anyone kinda understands where I'm coming from and might have some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    I totally agree that Furry is just a label and I should do well to just think of it as unnecessary. Thanks for saying that.

I just have well, no idea on if I feel I should explore these feelings, how I would go about exploring them, or if it would be meaningful to me. I suppose maybe I'm the only one who could answer this, but I was wondering if anyone kinda understands where I'm coming from and might have some advice.
    I guess what you could do to explore, is to start writing stories, try drawing some art work. At least that's what I did when I first started, is I have a small notebook full of random furry stories. I would draw if I could so I just float around FA and look at artwork.

EmLamby

I think that's a fetish in and of itself actually... it's called "Animal Roleplay". And there are subfetishes for it, like pony-play, pup-play (which seems to be your interest) and so forth.
    Techinally, a furry is someone with any kind of interest in anthropomorphic animals (animals with human characteristics) and I suppose acting like an animal could be some form of anthropomorphism. (i.e. Human with animal characteristics.)
    Really, it comes down to whether or not you consider yourself a furry.

I'm interested in pup-play myself, and I sometimes have a fantasy where I'm leashed and eating from a dog bowl... So I get where you're coming from!
    You like what you like... don't worry about it so much. Just have fun and be safe gurl! C:

Quote Originally Posted by EmLamby View Post
    I think that's a fetish in and of itself actually... it's called "Animal Roleplay". And there are subfetishes for it, like pony-play, pup-play (which seems to be your interest) and so forth.
    Techinally, a furry is someone with any kind of interest in anthropomorphic animals (animals with human characteristics) and I suppose acting like an animal could be some form of anthropomorphism. (i.e. Human with animal characteristics.)
    Really, it comes down to whether or not you consider yourself a furry.

I'm interested in pup-play myself, and I sometimes have a fantasy where I'm leashed and eating from a dog bowl... So I get where you're coming from!
    You like what you like... don't worry about it so much. Just have fun and be safe gurl! C:
    This ^^^.

Pup play and animal roleplay in general are a bit removed from Furry stuff. They run into the BDSM space pretty easily, and obviously it's pretty easy to incorporate diapers into it, as well. Check it out, be safe, have fun!