Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: famous people

Default famous people

Are there or were there any famous people who had incontinence?

Yes, likely. Probably most of the now senior citizens. But it's not well published; given it's just a medical issue that even the media have no interest in.

Well it has been said that FDR was incontinent from polio

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Michael Landon - Actor
    Suzanne Somers - Actress
    Sara Silverman - Actress

Quote Originally Posted by horza View Post
    Sara Silverman - Actress
    From Wikipedia: She struggled with bedwetting from the time she was young until well into her teens and has stated that the last time she wet her bed was when she was fired from Saturday Night Live.

I personally think occasionally bed wetting is different from full-blown incontinence but there was no specification. I just felt like it could use a bit more clarification.

What is it about being famous that means the public should know about something as personal and private as having a problem like incontinence? I could add a name or two but am not going to as I know how I would feel if it was publicised on my local media that I had this to contend with - even although most people would't know me! Some disabilities are obvious but that does not mean those that are not should be made public. Perhaps the best principle is the one of "need to know" - conceivably the public has a legitimate interest in a celebrity's love life - this seems to go with the territory, but there is no valid reason for personal medical details to be disclosed - unless bravely the person concerned wants to do so to support/encourage others.

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Yes, likely. Probably most of the now senior citizens. But it's not well published; given it's just a medical issue that even the media have no interest in.
    Now, I'm not too sure about that. If Bruce Forsyth was seen with an adult diaper sticking out of his suit on strictly come dancing (load of shit) it would be all over the tabloids and those shitty gossipey magazines the next day.

Stephen Hawkins for sure though lol. If he isn't, well I might as well be shot.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk