Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Price Slash

Default Nintendo 3DS Price Slash

Nintendo is still fighting hard. Maybe they are in fear of the PS Vita, or maybe they have realized that the system is not as much of a success as they thought it would be.

Either way Nintendo announced that the 3DS will be cut to $169.99 USD. An $80 price cut!

Current owners of the Nintendo 3DS will be given 20 free downloads from the eShop separated in a certain fashion. 10 free games from September to December from the NES Console games. Also current owners will get these games before they are released. Starting in January of 2012 the current owners will be given another 10 free games from the gameboy (advance) shop. Once again they will be available early. Nintendo calls these the "Nintendo Ambassadors" and thanks them for purchasing the system early and being loyal with Nintendo.

So what do you all think about this? Will this change your mind about the 3DS if you don't already own one? Do you think the compensation awarded to current owners is fair?

Wow! I can finally afford one! LOL! XD I'm so excited! And yes, the compensation is fair, because they spent $250usd just to get it new!

Wuffy

*Cough* Did he just say...*Inhale* $169?! O.o
    OoT 3D, HERE I COME! DD

ohiodl

I want the Nintindo3DS so i can get the Kingdom Hearts 3D

I was waiting for this before I bought the system. That and a good release like OoT.

Odl9791

There would need to be more titles before I would consider it. However portability and the Mario games are pluses.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkPwnz View Post
    *Cough* Did he just say...*Inhale* $169?! O.o
    OoT 3D, HERE I COME! DD

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodl View Post
    I want the Nintindo3DS so i can get the Kingdom Hearts 3D

Quote Originally Posted by CaretakerSam View Post
    I was waiting for this before I bought the system. That and a good release like OoT.
    I hope you three enjoy your ports of games that are over 6-12 years old. While liking spending nearly or more then 40 dollars for them.

The 3DS isn't selling well since it's not a good system, it's not selling well since no one wants to play anything on it. Plus 249.99 was way to over priced for such old tech. There's not even bluetooth on the thing which would of allowed for awesome in game voice chat without stupid cables.

Plus Youtube doesn't work on it. But it has netflix ready to go which actually last for over 3 hours in battery life. I really wanted a 3DS and I still think it can be a amazing system despite it's use of old hardware. But nintendo needs to do more then just a price drop and one of those things is NOT require games to have a 3D mode. When that mode drains the systems power, twice as fast.

I'd love 3Ds to have portable netflix. but Vita is surely going to have it with a much better viewing screen. So I can't justify a 3DS this early on even for 169.99.

I am 100x more likely to eventually get one, but I am not in a hurry. I'll wait for more games to come out. For now, I still have a ton of games to play anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I hope you three enjoy your ports of games that are over 6-12 years old.

one of those things is NOT require games to have a 3D mode. When that mode drains the systems power, twice as fast.
    To correct you:

Many new games are coming out for the 3DS (Luigis Mansion 2, Prof. Layton games, Including the vs. Phoenix Wright game), some shooters, rumours of Battlefield 3 (confirmed release on a European site ~ listed as a platform), a new Super Mario, Mario Kart (I won't go as far as calling it new, it will probably have 26 old tracks), Kingdom Hearts, etc.

There are some old ports of games people have been requesting (LoZ:OOT, Starfox, Paper Mario)

Granted, I do agree the game line up is very slow starting; but it is coming underway.

Nintendo does not require games to even have a 3D mode. They told developers that games do not need to be 3D to be released on 3DS, and said theres many different things that can be done with the new screen in itself besides just 3D.

So you are incorrect as Nintendo wants developers to not make ONLY 3D games, also 3D can be turned off; and even completely disabled on the system (in the systems menu).

Edit: Sorry I misunderstood your post actually. I will leave everything there and correct this.

LoZ OOT is not really just a port (how has been said many previous times) much better graphics. But either way; you can't beat down a classic like OOT...