Thread: Nuk at Night

Default Nuk at Night

Hi,

I've been sleeping the last few months with a Nuk 5 pacifier which I really love, but I have a bit of nervousness about choking on it in my sleep. Should I be concerned? I should also mention that I tend to grind my teeth at night so I'm worried I could chew through it in my sleep. Does anyone else worry about these things or it just me?

Also, just curious how people care for their pacifiers. I tend to use mine every night once and then boil it to sterilize it. Then I see my friends with babies who drop their paci's in dirt and animal hairs and pick it back up and start sucking on it again, so I'm thinking maybe what I am doing is overkill.

Anyways, would love to hear what you guys think.

Thanks!

I supposed if you chewed off the bulb of your paci you could choke on it, if that is your question. Otherwise I assume it has a large ''shield'' that should prevent you from sucking it down, much less getting it all the way in your mouth.

As for the boiling for sterilization purposes, it'll probably age the rubber that the nipple is made of, which if I'm correct is made of yellow amber rubber. Which may also allow you to easily chew through it.

Personally I just give mine a rinse and let dry before hanging it around my teddy bears neck. Like it or not your mouth is probably far dirtier than your paci will ever be.

There will be an expert on the subject of paci's to lend her advice shortly...

I have been using the NUK 5 as well do to my snoring. I recently read a post that actually stated that sucking on a pacifier stops snoring. I haven't snored once since

I never heard of anyone choking on a nuk 5. Just make sure the guard is outside of your mouth and you'll be fine. Plus your way more likely to just push it out of your mouth rather then try and eat it while sleeping.

Plus even if you do. you'll at least die a somewhat amusing death. which is all any of us can hope for in the end.

I wouldn't worry about choking on it if you have been using it for months. You would have noticed a problem by now.. keep on sucking =D

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I never heard of anyone choking on a nuk 5. Just make sure the guard is outside of your mouth and you'll be fine. Plus your way more likely to just push it out of your mouth rather then try and eat it while sleeping.

Plus even if you do. you'll at least die a somewhat amusing death. which is all any of us can hope for in the end.

I can see that on a thousand ways to die now ocd baby boiled paci to often broke off and choked on it - title - pacidied
    on a more serious note just use a paci lanyard and clip that are right lenght for securing but to short for you to swallow and you should be fine.