Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Praise the peanuts and pass the cookies! I'm back!

Talking Praise the peanuts and pass the cookies! I'm back!

Okay, so yeah, I'm not obviously not new here- but I've been absent for a while, and therefore I thought it may appropriate to re-introduce myself for those of you who have undoubtedly joined in my absence, and do not know me.

I'm Chromos, 19, I like movies of all sorts: Comedies, horror, drama- but not the mushy type... John Grisham type of drama... I also like anime, and certain cartoons- they pwn. I'm a gun enthusiast: I have several guns including a few shotguns of varying degrees of bad-assedry, some rifles, and a revolver that I recently acquired. Not to fear though: I have been trained(meaning that I have taken a gun/hunters safety course). I used to compete in trap/ skeet competitions, but not any lately. I'm pretty open minded: I believe that there is more out there than meets the eye. I am also easy going; I don't like stress or rushing, but living near Houston, that doesn't seem like a possibility- everyone's always in a hurry. My preferred music is rock, but I love good guitar solos more than anything. I live out in the country, but can't stand most country music. Some of the genres songs are alright, but for the most part, blech..

Apparently I'm good at building computers(not that's its that hard). My old one crashed, hence my absence from here, and I had to rebuild a new one. I was on a bit of a budget, but I think I did good.. not the best money can buy, but certainly much better than my last one. I re-used some old parts, so I managed to do it for about $200. I did lose a lot of data from my old comp though.. all of my notepad files and similar are okay, but anything that was a program or saved in MS anything was corrupted beyond salvation. Which means that, yes, all of my stories are gone. I'll have to think about starting over on those.. I shouldn't have saved them to MS works, I knew that was going to bite me in the ass one day... and so it has... I have something new I've been working on, that might be my next story, but I don't know yet.. its too early in its development to know for sure, but we'll see. Maybe I'll continue my old one, not sure yet- it will be a pain in the arse to re-write it all so I'll sleep on that one.

I'm taking precautions this time to prevent this crap from happening- I'm going to back up EVERYTHING for one thing- or at least the stuff I want/need.. I didn't get around to doing that last time and look what happened.. oh well, live and learn I guess. Sad thing is, I won't be able to get a lot of that stuff back though..

I am still hunting for a new job as well, but so far haven't any luck with that, getting closer though. Its more of a distance/money issue more than anything else.

I don't really have anything else to report.. so, with no further gilding the lillies, hello to those of you I already know- its nice to be able to talk to you all again. And a warm welcome and hello to those of you I don't know. There is likely a few of you. I hope that in time I will get to know you better. I hang out at the IRC chat sometimes, so check in and see if I'm there- I like to keep things moving when possible. Please note that my internet time will be limited for a while though. I'm still in the process of switching ISPs, and my work schedule is random at the moment.

Oh, and here's a random quote: "I am he and you are me and we are all together!"
    Last edited by Drosera; 01-Aug-2008 at 16:56.

Its good to have you back Chromos now you can finnish A Weekend With My Cousins

Edit:dang Kenshin got there before me

Quote Originally Posted by Chromos View Post
    "I am he and you are am and we are all together!"
    "...see how they run like pigs from a gun see how they fly... I'm cryyying..."

Welcome back

Chrome...That sounds familiar. Oh, yeah, Chromos, the guy from Davey Jone's Locker. I remember you now! Welcome back!

How is the weather there? Here in Florida, it has been hot, humid, and raining in the afternoon.

I am happy to hear that you managed to repair your computer so inexpensively. Good luck with the files. I know the pain of catastrophic data loss.

Glad to have you back!

Welcome back, I've been hoping you'd return soon. Sorry to hear about your corrupted files, I wonder how that happened.

Anyway, get back into the swing of things; I'll see you in the chat or wherever...

Quote Originally Posted by Racoon
    wb. You are the walrus.
    Eggman!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    How is the weather there? Here in Florida, it has been hot, humid, and raining in the afternoon.
    Its cramped, cold(sniffs the air)...and smells like fish...

I am happy to hear that you managed to repair your computer so inexpensively. Good luck with the files. I know the pain of catastrophic data loss.
    Thanks. I haven't given up recovering them, I just need some better equipment first.

Glad to have you back!
    Good to be back!