Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Thinking of dyeing my hair blue...

  1. #1

    Default Thinking of dyeing my hair blue...

    Alright I've been googling but to no avail. I can't seem to find any techniques. So ill try you guys. What I want is hair that will shine blue and have dark blue highlights. Essentially making people question whether they are seeing things or not. The reason I want it like this is because if I get a job the hair won't be obvious and my hair is currently black. So my question is how does one archive such a thing? Would you dye the whole hair blue for a short while? Or would you just dye the tips or something?

    Edit: I just want it to look black but blue. I don't want the blue to be noticeable.
    Last edited by dragsnick; 26-Jul-2011 at 22:05.

  2. #2

    Default

    Tips would be a good idea to test it, though it still may be too much for your job... Only thing is, with black hair it's tough to get colours to show up without bleaching your hair first.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    alu

    Default

    Dye hair blue first then put light blue streaks in ,alltho its harder to dye black hair so it might not show well ,it could work tho.

  4. #4

    Default

    I would honestly go get it professionally done if you want all that done. I mean it sounds awesome,but for it to turn out all right I'd recommend seeing someone who knows what their doing if you also want highlights and not just a basic blue hair dye.

    I've dyed my tips red and it was okay with my job but if I had done it all I could've gotten fired or in big trouble. So try tips first,try and find a job that doesn't care about hair colors (like hot topic and stuff like that) and then try doing a full hair color

  5. #5
    lloydrughing

    Default

    You could try dyeing a small sample of your hair first to see how it works out.

  6. #6

    Default

    There is a color known as blue black. (My mom is a hairstylist, so I get a lot of info just being around her). I dyed mine purple last year, and when that faded, I went blue. But it was a mixture of bright blue, turquoise, and navy. The color variations were there because purple still remained under it. The purple was a solid, single tone, bright purple. I have dark brown hair, and to get it to work I spent three hours with bleach in my hair. I burned my scalp and spend two weeks with neon purple scabs falling out of my hair (The dye dyed them as well.)

    I think you would need to bleach yours to get any color to stick to it.

    Now, it sounds like you want something like blue-black? When a friend of mine did it, It just looked like she had really dark black hair. But when she went outside and was in bright sunlight, it would reflect off of it blue. It's a really cool effect, and something that would easily be acceptable for a job. She wore it back in high school and there were strict rules about unnatural hair color.

    Getting Blue highlights would be a tone of work, and would only work with foil. If your hair is black, you'd have to foil off sections, bleach them, take it all out, wash your hair, re-separate all the blonde from the black, foil that, and then add blue. It would take hours and a hair stylist will charge a ton for it because it's so hard. Blue black would be easier because it would be dyeing your whole head.

    Sorry if this is a bit rambly, I just woke up and I'm not sure I'm making much sense, but I hope this helps!

    ---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

    Did a bit of googling, it looked a bit like this.

    http://www.style-hair-magazine.com/i...r-21314611.jpg

    But I can't speak for what it'll do to yours, everyone's hair is different, sometimes hair won't even take color. You'll just have to try and see.

    ---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

    Another edit. As with that picture above, my friends hair looked completely black indoors unless the light was particularly bright.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MarchThackery View Post
    There is a color known as blue black. (My mom is a hairstylist, so I get a lot of info just being around her). I dyed mine purple last year, and when that faded, I went blue. But it was a mixture of bright blue, turquoise, and navy. The color variations were there because purple still remained under it. The purple was a solid, single tone, bright purple. I have dark brown hair, and to get it to work I spent three hours with bleach in my hair. I burned my scalp and spend two weeks with neon purple scabs falling out of my hair (The dye dyed them as well.)

    I think you would need to bleach yours to get any color to stick to it.

    Now, it sounds like you want something like blue-black? When a friend of mine did it, It just looked like she had really dark black hair. But when she went outside and was in bright sunlight, it would reflect off of it blue. It's a really cool effect, and something that would easily be acceptable for a job. She wore it back in high school and there were strict rules about unnatural hair color.

    Getting Blue highlights would be a tone of work, and would only work with foil. If your hair is black, you'd have to foil off sections, bleach them, take it all out, wash your hair, re-separate all the blonde from the black, foil that, and then add blue. It would take hours and a hair stylist will charge a ton for it because it's so hard. Blue black would be easier because it would be dyeing your whole head.

    Sorry if this is a bit rambly, I just woke up and I'm not sure I'm making much sense, but I hope this helps!

    ---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

    Did a bit of googling, it looked a bit like this.

    http://www.style-hair-magazine.com/i...r-21314611.jpg

    But I can't speak for what it'll do to yours, everyone's hair is different, sometimes hair won't even take color. You'll just have to try and see.

    ---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

    Another edit. As with that picture above, my friends hair looked completely black indoors unless the light was particularly bright.
    Yeah that's the effect I want the blue black!! So all I do is dye my entire head and be done with it?

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    Yeah that's the effect I want the blue black!! So all I do is dye my entire head and be done with it?
    Pretty much, Sence you're hair is so dark, you'll only be able to see the blue a little, in hints..

  9. #9

    Default

    Yep! But I'm pretty sure, to get the full effect, you'll have to bleach your hair first. It might not do a single thing on your black hair. It seems kinda redundant, black hair - bleached blonde- back to black. But it'll work better.

    Also, my scary head burning story isn't all that typical. My hair just HATES bleach. It might be nothing for you.

    If you get a hair stylist to do this for you, it shouldn't be too bad (money wise). Whole heads are easy.

    ---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

    Also, did you give me my first reputation point? WHOO! Thanks a bunch!

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MarchThackery View Post
    Yep! But I'm pretty sure, to get the full effect, you'll have to bleach your hair first. It might not do a single thing on your black hair. It seems kinda redundant, black hair - bleached blonde- back to black. But it'll work better.

    Also, my scary head burning story isn't all that typical. My hair just HATES bleach. It might be nothing for you.

    If you get a hair stylist to do this for you, it shouldn't be too bad (money wise). Whole heads are easy.

    ---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

    Also, did you give me my first reputation point? WHOO! Thanks a bunch!
    Yeah kinda, But I kinda wanna try without bleaching my hair. I feel like if I get a dark enough color and leave it in enough time it'll work out just great. Again I got nothing to lose by trying it out once ya know?

Similar Threads

  1. dyeing plastic pants
    By ade in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-May-2011, 19:54
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-Feb-2011, 11:08
  3. Out of the Blue...
    By Countryboy95 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-Nov-2010, 18:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.