Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Pampers Swipers Baby Wipes still exist?

Question Do Pampers Swipers Baby Wipes still exist?

I just got my first box of baby wipes in like a year! The fact that I finally got the guts to go back to where people know me and buy them there, really brought me out of being all depressed and stuff - a serious "up" in my life (which in it's own, is kind of sad, lol). I bought Pampers Soft Care, but I was looking for Swipers and there weren't any. They were gone from the site I usually buy other things from, and not at the store I went to. I hope they still exist. I love the feel and smell of that baby clean, even if I was only sweaty, haha.

i just went to pampers website and it looks like they don't have swipers anymore

You might be lucky at amazon: Amazon.com: Pampers Swipers 3X Wipes 180 Count: Health & Personal Care

Their one-pack offering seems to have been discontinued, though, and amazon.ca doesn't have them, either. In my country, we never had them to begin with, but I'm pretty pleased with their 'normal' wipes. I like the scented ones better than the unscented ones.

Quote Originally Posted by r0bino View Post
    You might be lucky at amazon: Amazon.com: Pampers Swipers 3X Wipes 180 Count: Health & Personal Care

Their one-pack offering seems to have been discontinued, though, and amazon.ca doesn't have them, either. In my country, we never had them to begin with, but I'm pretty pleased with their 'normal' wipes. I like the scented ones better than the unscented ones.
    I'm not American... noone ships baby wipes or diapers to Canada on there... Heck most things sellers won't ship to Canada, except what I can already get on Amazon.ca anyway. (like books and movies) But thanks for the idea.

EDIT: Big 500th post! W00t! hehehe

EDIT2: Looked around and it's listed as separate results in the search, but there are a couple that will ship to Canada from what I see!

Swipers have almost completely vanished around where I live, but Pampers Thick Care are not too bad actually....

Another thing though - how awkward would that be: yes, I'm importing baby wipes... Them:Why? Me: because they're rare.... Sooo awkward lol.

The Pampers web site is not very helpful. There are actually quite a few Pampers products--including some varieties of diapers!--that don't show up at all. However, from what I see, the Huggies wipes have sort of become the standard, with other makers getting in line behind them and even boasting compatibility with the Huggies wipes containers and whatnot.

-LL

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    Huggies wipes have sort of become the standard
    That's rather assumptive of you. Pampers and Huggies hold an almost even oligopoly over the diaper and wipe industry, like Coke and Pepsi with soft drinks (or Dr. Pepper in the States, from what I understand). I highly doubt Pampers would just keel over and concede defeat like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKat View Post
    That's rather assumptive of you. Pampers and Huggies hold an almost even oligopoly over the diaper and wipe industry, like Coke and Pepsi with soft drinks (or Dr. Pepper in the States, from what I understand). I highly doubt Pampers would just keel over and concede defeat like that.
    I see your point, but it does definitely depend on where you are. There can be a "de facto" winner according to market, and around here I don't find the Pampers wipes *anywhere*. The same grocery stores (e.g., Safeway) that carry Huggies wipes and also carry a nearly-full line of both Pampers and Huggies diapers carry only the Huggies wipes plus (typically) an in-store brand or another brand that boasts compatibility with the Huggies wipe dispensers and stuff.

From where I stand, Huggies marketing seems to have done a better job. In fact, I would go so far as to say that's a simple fact and not just my impression. Look at Pull-Ups, for example. They're not just a brand anymore, they're also a generic term for disposable training pants. I suspect more than a few people have described Easy-Ups as a kind of Pull-Up!

But, in the end, it's an opinion.
    -LL