View Poll Results: Which of these is more annoying?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Automated/scripted sales calls ("Did you know that by recent legislation...")

23 32.86%
  • Human calls from your mobile provider/ISP/bank attempting to sell things...

20 28.57%
  • Letters addressed to you trying to sell products you already buy

4 5.71%
  • Charity people in the street, who will do anything to attract and retain your attention

23 32.86%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which of these is more annoying?

Dude84

Default Which of these is more annoying?

Just out of curiosity, which of these do you find more annoying? I seem to encounter all four on a regular basis... :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Dude84 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, which of these do you find more annoying? I seem to encounter all four on a regular basis... :-/
    You encounter all four of what? I feel like I walked in on the middle of a conversation.

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

Ahh, never mind, the poll just came through.

Human calls for sure. It's harder to hang up on a person than a machine. The other two do not really bother me.

Dude84

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    Human calls for sure. It's harder to hang up on a person than a machine. The other two do not really bother me.
    This is true, especially when they do not seem to understand the phrase "I'm busy". I try to be reasonably polite to telephone callers, but sometimes it is necessary to press the red button regardless.

I'd have to put something to add. You get a phone call from automated system telling you to call back a certain number or press 1 to talk to agent. Then they put you on hold to wait. If you're gonna call me, be on the line ready to talk or I'm hanging up. Also receiving credit card offers in the mail. Oh I hate that especially after I send their envelope back with cruel info, and stuffed with cat food/litter.

I always feel a need to donate something when I see a collecting bin anywhere. I just can't ignore my conscious :/

Dude84

Yeah, but a donation bin is somewhat different to a person in a street trying to force you into a monthly direct debit. :-/

lloydrughing

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    True, it's twice as hard, but about five times the fun.

the first three I don't mind but the last one just gets on my wick

the first one.

When real people call I just mess with them. Speak spanish, pretend not to know engliish. Sometimes they call back in spanish, then I only know english, gets fun sometimes.

Can throw the mail away easy enough

People in the street dont bug me that much