Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: mixing AB and locks

Default mixing AB and locks

I have always enjoyed being buckled in to car seats, sitting in highchairs, and even the baby swings at the park. I always thought it was bondage. about a year ago I was in my car seat and had to go in a diaper. I loved it. I got a nuk 5 pacifier, more diapers, and did research on AB/DL. I do believe I'm an AB is there anyone else out there that loves both diapers and locks?

I have only been on Adisc since March and have seen at least 3 threads on this PLUS there is an entire group about it. The consensus seems to be YES!!! There is a lot of correlation between ABism and BDSM.

I hate the thought of chains, and whips and straight jackets, Ect but i love the thought of highchairs, Car seats, Swings, ECT. I wouldn't call it BDSM exactly, because it's not sexual.. I don't know thought x)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexii View Post
    I hate the thought of chains, and whips and straight jackets, Ect but i love the thought of highchairs, Car seats, Swings, ECT. I wouldn't call it BDSM exactly, because it's not sexual.. I don't know thought x)
    yea.... that seems to be where I'm different, it is sexual for me and other then the occasional chain I'm all about the highchairs, Car seats, Swings, ECT also. the biggest difference is once I get in them I have to be let out. just about an hour ago I was in my car seat I buckled myself in but my grilfiend had to give me the keys so I could get out.

Quote Originally Posted by KcBabyJosh View Post
    yea.... that seems to be where I'm different, it is sexual for me and other then the occasional chain I'm all about the highchairs, Car seats, Swings, ECT also. the biggest difference is once I get in them I have to be let out. just about an hour ago I was in my car seat I buckled myself in but my grilfiend had to give me the keys so I could get out.
    Sounds like you may like self bondage a bit as well...google it if you don't know what it is...

I also like the idea of being in something that you cannot remove yourself.

This does seem to be one of the ab bondage cross over items that is real common.

I guess being put into you highchair, crib, carseats, or swing and there you are till someone let's you out is very calming or relaxing. Weird. But not being in charge is what I like.

B
    P.s. I've gotta get some ab time soon..been too much adult mode lately .

I must say i agree.
    High chairs and car seats would be a lot of fun.
    I once saw this video of a guy who was tied down to a bed with a ridiculous amount of buckles and straps, and ever since then i've wanted to do the same.
    Mostly because of how over the top it was!

alu

I recon it the feeling of safety when being "locked up" that feels good.

I definitely see the connection. I'm not big on locks and whatnot, but the real issue at-hand can be boiled down to control. In regressing, we set aside the self-reliant (for the most part) facade of an adult and exchange it for helplessness, but also contentment. We allow our concerns to fall away because we, for once, are able to. As kids, we're taken care of and if we fall, we know we'll be caught.

BDSM plays directly off of the idea of forfeiting control over your person and becoming completely vulnerable to another. Mind you, I'm not into whips, leather or any of the other accessories that oft come to mind upon mention of the initialism. However, the more I think about it, these additions really only serve to enhance the emotional desires at the heart of the act.

In much the same way, through returning to childhood, we give up the emotional concept of control. Letting go of the physical aspect (bladder control, etc.) enriches the experience and allows for that feeling of resignation and, in essence, submission to our child-like lack of ability to be amplified.

So, I think that the idea of being locked in-place, held down and so forth ties in very logically to the emotional fulfillment we seek in ABDLism. While I wouldn't consider BDSMism and ABism to be synonymous, they definitely share a common emotional thread.

I think a great many of us enjoy a certain amount of restraint. I used to even get a thrill from the 5 point harnesses fitted to my landrover (they are a necessity for off-roading) whether or not I was diapered. I think part of the additional excitement of being restrained whilst wearing diapers is that as adults we do not HAVE to use our diapers, we could simply remove them and use a bathroom, if we wished to do so. This option is not available, if you are restrained and have given the means of release to another person. Perhaps this duplicates the feeling of dependency which we had as children.

Even being in a back-zipped sleeper gives a feeling of being restrained, as you have to rely on someone else to release you, especially if it's too tight. I enjoy roleplaying as a toddler who knows he has to go potty, but can't 'escape' from his outfit...