Thread: Storing diapers temporarily in a hot car...

Default Storing diapers temporarily in a hot car...

So, my mom wants to clean shit out of the closets upstairs soon, and I have a fear that she'll run into my stash (hidden in an ASUS monitor box in the closet of the guest bedroom). I believe that where they are right now are a decent hiding place, as I don't think she's going to touch that closet, but just to be safe, I've been planning on storing that box filled with my Bambino Classicos in the trunk of my car.

Now, this could be somewhat of a bad idea, as we are all aware of this miserable heat wave that's hitting the entire fucking universe, and I worry that my diapers may have the chance of melting. Now usually, the very back of my car stays pretty cool (spent a whole day at an amusement park with 2 packs of Monster Energy in the back, and it was hot as shit that day), but the heat has never been quite this bad. I worry that being that they're made out of plastic, they might melt. I've already had part of a hairbrush melt from the heat in my car (of course, it was up-front, with all the windows).

What do you guys think?

I doubt the trunk of your car gets any hotter than the cargo containers and trucks they are shipped in to begin with.

I imagine the hairbrush under the windshield was just an issue of being like sticking a plastic item under a magnifying glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    I doubt the trunk of your car gets any hotter than the cargo containers and trucks they are shipped in to begin with.
    Good point. Plus the UPS carriers don't have air conditioning in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    I imagine the hairbrush under the windshield was just an issue of being like sticking a plastic item under a magnifying glass.
    Actually the Hairbrush was just cheap Chinese-made shit. I've also had gum liquefy.

I think you should be fine.

Just dont have your parents clean out your car at the same time..

Odl9791

You roll with cases of Monster in your trunk? Sweet! Seriously, your stash should be fine. I store all sorts of stuff in the trunk of my car. No Monster though, I drain those way too quickly. Lol.

I usually store packs of freshly bought diapers in my car trunk until I have a chance to bring them into the house and I can assure you that they won't melt.

If you are truly scared for your stash, put them in a cooler (with ice packs) and put that in the trunk of your car. Sure it may be a little conspicuous, but that should keep them cool enough.

Ive kept mine in my car for a while now, its the only place i can think of hiding them at the moment. They have been fine so far and it gets pretty hot in there sometimes.