Thread: Weakening Number 2

Default Weakening Number 2

Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    I think this should be in the incontinence subfourm, Might get a better answer there
    So I have a question which goes to those who use diapers 24/7 or are only UIC.

I have noticed as I lose my urinary control, I am also losing bowel control at a slower level. I have never had an accident, but the urgency is much higher than a year ago. I find myself on occasion rushing to the bathroom, pulling down the diaper and only a second or two before the movement occurs. This generally only happens when the fecal matter is very softer or watery.

So my question is, do you find your control over bowels affected at all by your urinary incontinence? Are the two sphincters related? Connected to the same muscle system? Please excuse my ignorance if this is a stupid question.

Hello Irataliw.

Only a Dr. can properly diagnose your condition and offer you a prognosis.

I suffer from nerve damage, which effects the 'Signal' of needing to empty my bladder/bowel. Hence, incontinence. For me, there's really no cure, as I'm not willing to risk the surgery, and resulting scarring/side-effects (possible 100% incontinence, instead of what's been called 'Urge' incontinence, but progressive).

Anyways, I wish you all the best in getting your situation fixed. It's one thing to have a fetish for diapers. Quite another to be dependent on them for a quasi-normal life.

B.

Most people - urinary incontinent or not - will have had a lot of near misses or accidents with "very soft" or "watery" bowel movements. These should probably not be the normal experience for you and although they might be a price worth paying if you enjoy a Vindaloo occasionally, they shouldn't be a regular experience. If checking your diet and making sure you are eating sensibly doesn't put an end to the problem, you might like to think about checking things out with your doctor.

As Bucephalus has said, there are some -fortunately rare -conditions that affect both bladder and bowel control but I wouldn't worry about this unless you doctor has eliminated all the more common reasons. What I do think is that while wearing a diaper for urinary reasons is unlikely to affect bowel control, it is only natural for people to be slightly less worried about making heroic efforts to get to a bathroom for a frighteningly urgent bowel movement if they know they are protected by a diaper.

Hi,
    no the two systems generally are seperate , there a re some shared muscle groups mainly in the abdomen. Being UIC doesn't normally lead to BIC, if you also get a lot of flatulence (wind) you could be suffering from Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or even Diverticulitis disease (DD), but DD is unlikely. IBS often produces watery stools and little or very little warning and you aslo want to go again about 5 mins aafater you last tried. See a Doctor and get to the bottom of it ( pun not intended)

ABob

From time to time I have an accident where I could not make it to the toilet with a loose bowel movement. It seems that the stomach cramps and watery stools seem happen on the nights when my wife makes meatloaf for dinner... JK.

But seriously, it sucks when I am at the store, work or any other public place when this happens.

Nearly every time this happens, the watery stool is yellowish in color. I wonder if this might be abnormal?

Hi Abob,
    (we really should stop meeting like this, people will start talking ). Yellow is not a colour normally associated with stool,, there are a couple of reasons that this may be happening but in either case if it continues you need to speak to a doctor. If this happens evrytime your wife makes meatloaf a couple of things spring to mind. A, she is trying to poison you (Highly unlikely) and really a joke, no offense intended. or B and much more likely you are sensitive to something in, on or around the meatloaf ( what is meatloaf by the way?) apart from a rock artist. does she always serve the same vegatables and gravy with it? what does she use in the meatloaf. If possible try to alter 1 thing at a time that is on your plate or inthe meatloaf, you just might hit on something. does the meatloaf or gravy have a high fat content? as one possibility could be gall stones.

PCBaby

ABob

Quote Originally Posted by PCBaby View Post
    Hi Abob,
    (we really should stop meeting like this, people will start talking ). Yellow is not a colour normally associated with stool,, there are a couple of reasons that this may be happening but in either case if it continues you need to speak to a doctor. If this happens evrytime your wife makes meatloaf a couple of things spring to mind. A, she is trying to poison you (Highly unlikely) and really a joke, no offense intended. or B and much more likely you are sensitive to something in, on or around the meatloaf ( what is meatloaf by the way?) apart from a rock artist. does she always serve the same vegatables and gravy with it? what does she use in the meatloaf. If possible try to alter 1 thing at a time that is on your plate or inthe meatloaf, you just might hit on something. does the meatloaf or gravy have a high fat content? as one possibility could be gall stones.

PCBaby
    The mention of meatloaf was a joke on my part. My wife would never make meatloaf. Matter in fact, my wife can only cook in the microwave oven. She is epileptic and an epileptic cooking a meal on a hot stove is a disaster waiting to happen.

I will tell you more when I publish my book, 'My Wife is a Culinary Terrorist'. <--That is a joke too.

I have a follow up doctors appointment next week due to this nasty thrush diaper rash I have. I will discus the unusual bowel movements with him and Maybe we will get to the bottom of the issue. --No pun intended--

Hi Abob,
    sorry to hear about your wife's epilepsy, but I think discussing the problem with your doctor will be the best course of action, certainly in the short term.

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by ABob View Post
    'My Wife is a Culinary Terrorist'
    ROFL, I'd totally buy that book!

There is some science about stool consistency and some parts of the medical profession use this classification:

The Bristol Stool Scale or Bristol Stool Chart is a medical aid designed to classify the form of human faeces into seven categories. Sometimes referred to in the UK as the "Meyers Scale", it was developed by Dr. Ken Heaton at the University of Bristol and was first published in the Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology in 1997.[1] The form of the stool depends largely on the time it spends in the colon (though there may be other contributing factors, including diet and illness).

The seven types of stool are:
    Type 1: Separate hard lumps, like nuts (hard to pass)
    Type 2: Sausage-shaped, but lumpy
    Type 3: Like a sausage but with cracks on its surface
    Type 4: Like a sausage or snake, smooth and soft
    Type 5: Soft blobs with clear cut edges (passed easily)
    Type 6: Fluffy pieces with ragged edges, a mushy stool
    Type 7: Watery, no solid pieces. Entirely liquid

Types 1 and 2 indicate constipation, with 3 and 4 being the "ideal stools" especially the latter, as they are the easiest to defecate, and 5–7 tending towards diarrhoea.

This sounds like stating the "blooming obvious" but I guess was designed to bring some consistency to reporting for medical notes, etc.