Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Worst Kind of Monster?

Default The Worst Kind of Monster?

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I grew up in a very religious home. One where it's undebatable if there is a God or not, and that if you do not believe in one your just in denial.

So, apparently I've been in complete denial for 5 years. Oh the wonders of Atheism and the modern religious family.

Anyway, I was taught that the Devil was the worst person in the universe, and that if nothing else I must understand that he was the cruelest monster in existence. But, even if he was real, I don't think of him as the cruelest.

Murderers, rapists, pedophiles, hypocrites, thieves, cheaters, etc. They're the real monsters. Not Satan, or Lucifer, or god. (Little g meant Lucifer in the Bible, I believe)

He just wanted to make his own path...shouldn't that be admirable? I don't know. Do you guys wanna list any true monsters that you consider to be the cruelest beings in existence?

For me, the cruelest monster is Religion.

I think the Rolling Stones were ahead of you on this one ;-)
    ‪The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil‬‏ - YouTube

I think it's wrong to externalise monsters - into the Devil, Religion, communism, whatever... the monsters and the angles are in us - in you and me. I don't mean that we should judge and condemn people for there crimes and evil deeds, but the desire to identify monsters is foolish, because it encourages the idea that you can escape from them or wipe them out, and if you try and do that you'll simply become an Inquisition, or a Puritan Pilgrim fleeing the old world into a new world, which turns out to be full of untapped potential for evil deeds. Where-ever you go there are monsters, but there are angles too.

If I had to boil it down though - Cruelty and Silence - the animal and plant kingdoms of evil.

AmbezeSubHealth

Satan represents to Satanists defiance against cruelty, oppression, unnecessary rules, and other things.

Religion as I perceive it is a monster but one with somewhat willing victims in that many of the victims have thier doubts. They just can't get up the courage to ask the rest of the questions.

You included pedophiles in your last of monsters. It is the only word in your list not connected with an act. Murderers murder, rapists rape. hypocrites commit hypocrisy, thieves steal, and cheaters cheat. How do pedophiles pedophile? I don't blame you for using the word pedophile in such a way. The press, the police, and politicians use the word this way. You can often find the word pair convicted pedophile which without an act would be similar to convicted gay or convicted black or convicted handicap. As if a pedophiles very existence where illegal. I don't blame you for buying into the hysteria. I just thought I'd point it out.

I like the nic riddle it has a nice meaning behind it.

I am only AmbezeSubHealth on this forum else where I take my name after the 5th card in the Major Arcana not The Pope or The High Priest, but something else.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbezeSubHealth View Post

You included pedophiles in your last of monsters. It is the only word in your list not connected with an act. Murderers murder, rapists rape. hypocrites commit hypocrisy, thieves steal, and cheaters cheat. How do pedophiles pedophile?
    They abuse children - but point of order granted.

I like the nic riddle it has a nice meaning behind it.
    Was that for me? what is a "nic"?

It seems like Satanists are basically Prometheans by another name...
    Prometheus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The worst kind of monster is what you and I will become the day we stop caring about the feelings of others, and start believing we cannot be wrong. I lived with a monster for 17 years, God, and Satin are both very real things that you can see every time you look into anothers eyes. I see them every time I look in the mirror, but I tell myself only I can chse to be good or "evil".

Sorry, thats just one mans experiance.

AmbezeSubHealth

Quote Originally Posted by riddle View Post
    They abuse children - but point of order granted.

Was that for me? what is a "nic"?

It seems like Satanists are basically Prometheans by another name...
    Prometheus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I like the name you chose for this forum. Nic as in nickname it's the name we use to refer to you on this forum.

Pedophiles and abuse of children is not automatic. It would be like saying straight men rape women or gay men rape men.
    Last edited by AmbezeSubHealth; 24-Jul-2011 at 04:31.

These two are pretty horrible.

But, the worst kinds of monsters I think are psychopaths. Not the ones who go out on killing sprees either. But the ones that act and I do mean ACT human because other then them being the same species on the biological, they may as well be something else entirely.

Eric Cantor....okay, just kidding, but he may quickly ruin our country. There are so many monsters in the world. They mostly are the ones who act before thinking, whether that includes blocking legislation passed solely on an ideology, hurting a child or another individual, decide that it's alright to drink and drive, that it's macho to abuse and hurt an animal. Monsters are found in banks who sell failing mortgages to innocent investors, or abuse the hard earned savings of retirees. Monsters continue unwinnable wars, sacrificing young lives for no apparent reason, and there are so many more.

I generally don't see people in a kind of black & white good/bad way. I think on average we are kinda in the middle. We do occasional good things and occasional bad things... driven I think in large part to a genetic history that was required for us to survive as a species.

I guess to me monster is kind of an arbitrary line we draw on the bad side of that scale. Do something that is bad enough, or do bad things with a specific frequency, and you are a "monster". The line is obviously going to be different for everyone, with mass consensus at the extreme end (child abuse, rape, murder, etc) and less consensus as you get closer to the line (cheating, stealing, hypocrisy, etc).

My definition is largely based on acts however. It brings up an interesting point. If someone has strong urges to rape/murder/abuse children... but never does... are they a monster? Or do they only become a monster when they act on those urges?

Quote Originally Posted by AmbezeSubHealth View Post
    I like the name you chose for this forum. Nic as in nickname it's the name we use to refer to you on this forum.

Pedophiles and abuse of children is not automatic. It would be like saying straight men rape women or gays men rape men.
    Well, yes it is automatic, at least according to the law, because any sexual act committed by an adult with a child under the age of 12/13 is usually defined as rape, even if the child themselves supposedly gives consent. Straight men do rape women far too often, but not all men all the time, because it is possible for an adult woman to consent to sex with another adult - that isn't possible for a child.

cheers for the name compliment by the way ;-)