Thread: My introduction

Default My introduction

I'm going to say my name is Zack. I've been a DL for a few years, though I have absolutly no intresest in TB/AB. I'm almost 17 years old, and I am very Lutheran.
    I love coding VB. but most of the time I can't find anything to write. The most time consuming thing I have ever writen, except perhaps its predecessor, is my program NewRuby. You can read about that here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/off-topic...am-i-made.html

I love computer games, and tech in general. I'm getting an iPad 2 today, and very excited about that.

Earlier this year, I visited Orlando, Florida. (I live nearish chicago) and spend four days(9-7) at Seaworld Orlando. I bought a year pass, because it was way cheaper then buying four seperate tickets. I spent two days with my family there, and two without. One day, I took the bus there, but on the way I picked up a pack of depends diapers at wallgreens. Once there, I waited for them to open, and put on a diaper. I spent all day using and wearing diapers. I drank a lot of water. I never had to go #2. But, at the end of the day I had to throw away the rest of the diapers because I just couldn't bring them back to the resort. Seaworld is awesome. I still have the one year pass, meaning I can go anytime I want.(If I'm in florida)

Did I mention I love writing code? I may be really bad at it(just like everything else), but I enjoy it.

I have an android phone (optimus V) on virgin mobile, I have a job as a IT Intern, and I have type one diabetes.

I'm also a boy scout.

hello and welcome.

You have my respect as a coder. One of my favorite classes in high school was learning C++. Parsing all those lines of code for a single typo suuuuuucked, but it taught me a great deal of appreciation for the way code in general works and the string of what-if statements. Your career field, as I assume you want to be a professional coder after college, is rather cut throat so I wish you luck!

Quote Originally Posted by irataliw View Post
    hello and welcome.

You have my respect as a coder. One of my favorite classes in high school was learning C++. Parsing all those lines of code for a single typo suuuuuucked, but it taught me a great deal of appreciation for the way code in general works and the string of what-if statements. Your career field, as I assume you want to be a professional coder after college, is rather cut throat so I wish you luck!
    Actually, I plan on being a firefighter when I turn 21, and have no plans on going to college. It's not for everyone. I think coding is going to be a free-time thing, and not a profession. I just don't think I'm cut out for college.

Nothing wrong with that. College is not for everyone though society seems to try to force that concept on you.
    Plus, a fire fighter is one of the most noble professions you can choose. You have my respect for that desire.

Quote Originally Posted by NewRuby View Post
    I'm almost 17 years old, and I am very Lutheran.
    Well from a called minister of the Southern Baptist denomination, I welcome you.

It is refreshing to see younger people who are not ashamed to identify themselves by their faith.

We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive community, and I hope you will enjoy your stay here and use us to grow as an individual and explore all of your interests from computers to diapers. Hey "computers to diapers, that is alphabetical order there, cool and I didn't even plan that when I started, Oh! am still typing? How embarrassing, I'll shut up now."