Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is infantilism permanent?

Default Is infantilism permanent?

I've been infantile for as long as I can remember. I do not know if it ever goes away for good. In some ways I don't want it to. In other ways I wish I never had it. Do any of you feel this way and have you found a way to be at peace with it? Tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbabymikey View Post
    I've been infantile for as long as I can remember. I do not know if it ever goes away for good. In some ways I don't want it to. In other ways I wish I never had it. Do any of you feel this way and have you found a way to be at peace with it? Tell me.
    Same here, lilbabymikey. I guess it would be hard for anyone on the forums to say whether it ever goes away for good, since it's still very much a part of each one of us. If it did go away permanently for any of us we probably wouldn't have much need for support on ADISC and most likely leave. I agree with your sentiments about some ways wanting it and some ways not. I have found a good measure of peace in just knowing what it is after many years of wondering why I had such desires in me. I also stay at peace with it by keeping it under control so it doesn't interfere with functioning normally in other aspects of my life, such as being a parent and husband. That's really the key element with me - keeping it under control. Hope that helps a little.

~Pramrider

Personaly I think after I have experianced the lifestyle for a year or so I will grow out of it but only time will tell.

No, for me it just kept going, it slows down for awhile at times but comes back...

I seldom state any "over-generalized","one-size fits all" ideas,and I know there are always exceptions to any "rule",but...Yes,it is permanent.

Yeah, it is definitely permanent. I believe it's one of those things you're born with, and is what it is. You can either choose to embrace it or fight it, but I believe one will always end up back at it eventually.

IMHO, it is permanent. The desire may fade, but it will always be there, waiting to be the center of attention again. The more I focus on removing it, the stronger it gets. At this point in time, I simply accept it and move on with life. Of course, I try to maintain a happy balance and avoid extremes of the binge/purge cycle.

Good luck with finding your happy medium!

Dude, Elgin eh? The name just caught my eye; I drove through there a few weeks ago on my way to a KOA campground in Union, IL.

Anyways, to your question: I don't think that my infantilism will ever go away. It can be more or less intense depending on what's going on in my life at the moment, but... the desire is ever-present, even if it's only in my subconscious mind at times. *Shrug* I've never had extreme guilt over it; I've never had binge-purge cycles or intense feelings of loathing; I just kinda deal with it.

The first signs of infantilism in me showed up when I was three. I'd like to say that I've spent the last 19 years completely shame-free over it... At the age of 5, I learned that wearing Pull-Ups (from a pack purchased for my stuffed animals--lo and behold, they fit me) was not socially acceptable; I don't believe my parents had ever (or ever again) yelled at me so much. So I figured something was kinda off about it, but I didn't take it too much to heart. I just figured that this was something my parents didn't need to know about.

My best advice would echo what others have already said: accept your infantilism for what it is because beating yourself up for something that is likely out of your control is... pointless and a sad way to spend one's life. Don't let it overshadow your entire life (diapers are hardly a good substitute for friends, family, relationships). And as for relationships (possibly the most difficult bit of my self-acceptance spiel), well... one's significant other should probably be told about one's infantilism at some point, preferably waay before marriage. Granted, it will make finding an accepting mate more difficult, but I think finding someone who accepts ALL of oneself would be worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by baseball4life19 View Post
    Yeah, it is definitely permanent. I believe it's one of those things you're born with, and is what it is. You can either choose to embrace it or fight it, but I believe one will always end up back at it eventually.
    We are not born with it I think but for the ones of us who thought of this stuff when we were like 3 or around that age I bet it will stick around till we die. I am not sure about the ones who get into it latter in life as a teenager/adult since I am not one of them. Anyways I hated it sometimes but its much easier to accept seeing as how I can't find any proof that any religion forbids wearing diapers and sleeping with pacifiers and stuffed animals.

I've heard of some people where it does fade or disappear at some time in their life. For others it is there for ever. I don't know why this happens, but I know it does. The intensity can change for any number of reasons, stress, how often you have been practising recently or how you feel. Just try to avoid a binge-purge cycle, balance is good.

If you try to get rid of it you'd have to see a shrink. Depending on their awareness of the subject and personal beliefs they will either not see it as necessary to get rid of it, use methods that might reduce it (such as stress relief) but not get rid of it, or use a method to try to get rid of it that is worse for your body and mind than the stress of being and infantilist and not wanting to be causes. So I wouldn't suggest trying to get rid of it. It either won't be fully successful or won't be good for you.

The best way I have found to be 'at peace with it' is try and keep my activities balanced , that is no binge-purge and not taking control of the rest of my life. I believe it is vitally important that you should be able to cope with other things in your life without resorting to diapers - if you can't cope without them (excluding incontinence) then technically you are addicted. While perhaps not physically harming if done carefully, an addiction is bad, whatever it is to.

Try to learn to accept yourself. It is part of you, don't hate yourself for it. You can't help it, it is just part of what makes you. If you weren't an infantalist you would be a different person - almost certainly more closed-minded for example. If you feel that you don't want to have infantalistic tendencies any more then try to think about something you like about your personality. It is entirely possible you wouldn't have this feature if you weren't and infantilist.

As for relationships and infantilism, can't help you there until I have one myself. Just so you don't get worried, this lack of a relationship comes from the fact I have the social skills of a pebble, not because I am a TB.