Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we really THAT stupid?

Talking Are we really THAT stupid?

I was on the Rite-Aid online store, looking at Goodnites. I noticed in the description, there was a warning that they are flammable... I honestly want to know, who the hell is going to see a fire and say "Hmm, maybe I can put it out by sticking this diaper in it!"? I've seen dumb warning labels before, but this just takes the cake!

Here's the page: Buy Goodnites Underpants Boys Underpants for Nighttime, Jumbo Pack, Large/Extra Large , 12 ea Online at riteaidonlinestore.com

I guess so you don't store them close to a naked flame or source of combustion. Diapers are used to stop fire, so I expect the warning is their also because Goodnites won't.

Countdown

alu

i found the choking thing funny ,who at the age of needing goodnites ,will eat a diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I guess so you don't store them close to a naked flame or source of combustion. Diapers are used to stop fire, so I expect the warning is their also because Goodnites won't.
    Diapers are used to stop fire? Is that physically possible? I thought they were generally REALLY flammable.

I am not sure if diapers can stop fire, but if they ignite when you are wearing them there is an instant sprinkler system available - but still don't stand too close to a fire!

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by alu View Post
    i found the choking thing funny ,who at the age of needing goodnites ,will eat a diaper.
    That may not be as ridiculous as you think. Goodnites are often worn with children with special needs, and it is not that uncommon for children with special needs to develop pica, which is where a person eats inedible objects. Children with special needs, and especially sensory impairments, may also explore objects by putting them in their mouth and so again this could pose a choking risk.

As for the fire thing, you will notice that most nightclothes have a fire warning on them and this is compulsory in many nations; I believe this goes back to when it was not uncommon for households to use candles and oil burners etc as a source of light at night, and because it is more common for families to have a log fire or a very hot heater (some fabrics will combust just from heat) going in the evenings when it is colder than by day. Plus, if a fire starts at night the risks of not noticing until it has spread is greater than by day as everybody is asleep, so you are more likely to come into close contact with flames. As such, most children's nightclothes are fire-retardant, and those which are not will carry a fire warning.

Goodnites probably fall under the category of night clothing, and I assume that is why they have the fire warning on them.

It's so you don't stick them in/near a fire like the warning on most products. It's a standard label and definitely not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowie19 View Post
    Do not dry the cat in the microwave......
    When you buy a coffee at Tim Horton you can read on the lid "Warning, hot content, may cause light burns"