Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are your potty habits different when in diapers?

Default Are your potty habits different when in diapers?

Allow me to explain: I had replied to the thread "Why is it so hard to pee in a diaper," outlining the methods I used to train my body to allow myself to use a diaper whenever I want. Then another user brought up an excellent point which I neglected to mention...dont take it too far to the point of losing muscle control. I realized that after about 10 years of wearing diapers on a regular basis, I have managed to reach a near-perfect balance for myself.

Specifically, I find that now that I am completely comfortable in a diaper, I pee much more frequently and with more ease than when I'm not wearing one. However, I am nowhere near weakening my muscles and losing control...in fact it's quite the opposite. When I am in a situation when I can't wear, I can easliy hold it for hours until a restroom is available.

I didn't plan it this way, it just seemed to come naturally as I became comfortable with diapers. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? Do you "go" more easily/more often when wearing than not wearing?

First of all, this is weird; yesterday evening I was wearing a diaper and thinking about this exact same thing, how these habbits completely change for me when wearing a diaper. I was thinking to open a topic about it because I was wondering how this was for other people, I get up, check the website and I find this topic! Awsome!

Anyway, for me it is very similar. When wearing a diaper I can, nowadays at least, easily pee and I pee much more when in a diaper. It feels to me as if I pee as it comes rather than waiting for my bladder to fill up. It just comes and comes, especially when having drunk a lot of water/tea. At first I was also afraid that it would affect my bladder control and that it would happen sporadically without a diaper too, but it doesn't at all. I have even tried doing the same thing in my pants and I just can't do it unless I really push myself whereas it comes very easy when wearing a diaper. I don't have problems on the toilet though, everything comes naturally there.

So I guess that is very similar to your story CracklinPants, also interested if this the general feeling!

Oddly enough I have been thinking about this topic as well!

Just today I was noticing that at work, I have to pee frequently, but when I'm having my "diaper days" I feel like I don't pee at all. I actually drink less water and eat less at work and everything else is the same.. I can't figure it out but it bugs me that I go all day I just one diaper, and it's a walgreens diaper! I don't want to go cammel status but I supose I will start drinking more water more frequently

Quote Originally Posted by duckie View Post
    Oddly enough I have been thinking about this topic as well!

Just today I was noticing that at work, I have to pee frequently, but when I'm having my "diaper days" I feel like I don't pee at all. I actually drink less water and eat less at work and everything else is the same.. I can't figure it out but it bugs me that I go all day I just one diaper, and it's a walgreens diaper! I don't want to go cammel status but I supose I will start drinking more water more frequently
    *pokes the cammel humps developing on your back* mmm =o im a babyfurr but your going to need to lay off the water retension before the middle east comes to drag you back. :P

lossing muscel control take years of just letting it happen when it needs to happen, BTDT and enjoyed the after affects of knowing you had to go as it hits the inside of your diaper or underwear on the day you decide not to wear a diaper.
    It also is a long process of un doing and regaining muscel tone and control, still working on that.

But as far as my habbit being different when diapered. I would now have to say no, however I still enjoy wakeing up to find I have wet my diaper in my sleep.
    I hope to someday get dack to where I have full control during the day and still need a diaper for overnight.

That is an interesting topic. And, oddly enough I had been wondering that myself lately. :P I'm assuming it has to do with the mind developing a routine or just becoming more comfortable while wearing a diaper over time. You basically know that you're wearing one, and so your mind becomes more at ease to just let it go, and possibly more frequently. Getting the mind to be completely "okay" with it is a long process, but not impossible. So like you said CracklinPants, be careful folks.

edit: Oh, I suppose I should answer your main question though. lol! But yes, yes I have noticed a difference. And I can only wonder if it'll continue to change over time.
    Last edited by awesomeness787; 22-Jul-2011 at 09:58. Reason: Should answer the question I suppose.

I have never tried wearing 24/7 for any more than a few days at a time, but I think it's safe to assume that's how I have beenn able to maintain muscle control...by continuing to use regular underwear and the toilet at least part of the time. On days/nights when I wear for over 24 hrs straight, like on some weekends, and especially when some alcohol was a factor, I have woken up in a wet diaper on occasion. While it's a wonderful feeling, it's also kind of scary...I really don't want to become dependent on diapers! That would suck a lot of the fun out of it for me.

It is really interesting to note the power of the brain and its ability to adapt. It sounds like a lot of us who wear regularly enter a sort of "diaper mode" where we tape on a diaper and our subconscious flips a switch and tells our bladder "Ok, you can relax now..." and we get to avoid the discomfort of a full bladder as long as we are wearing. In my case at least, it took a long time to get to this point, and I love it! I plan to maintain my diaper wetting habits right where I'm at, or even better, get to the point where I'm basically incontinent in a diaper, but in total control when not diapered. If that's possible. If I start having accidents in regular underwear, I will know that I have pushed it too far. The object is to keep this strictly a mental thing and avoid any hard-to-reverse physical regression.

Quote Originally Posted by CracklinPants View Post
    I have never tried wearing 24/7 for any more than a few days at a time, but I think it's safe to assume that's how I have beenn able to maintain muscle control...by continuing to use regular underwear and the toilet at least part of the time. On days/nights when I wear for over 24 hrs straight, like on some weekends, and especially when some alcohol was a factor, I have woken up in a wet diaper on occasion. While it's a wonderful feeling, it's also kind of scary...I really don't want to become dependent on diapers! That would suck a lot of the fun out of it for me.
    Hm, so that doesn't happen to me. I have no fear of becoming dependent on them and when I wear them during the night I don't wake up in a wet diaper unless I was aware and conscious of peeing in it (on purpose). It is a wonderful feeling but it doesn't happen without me noticing. I think I always kind of notice which is why I wouldn't call it any kind of incontinence. Which brings me to the next point.

It is really interesting to note the power of the brain and its ability to adapt. It sounds like a lot of us who wear regularly enter a sort of "diaper mode" where we tape on a diaper and our subconscious flips a switch and tells our bladder "Ok, you can relax now..." and we get to avoid the discomfort of a full bladder as long as we are wearing. In my case at least, it took a long time to get to this point, and I love it! I plan to maintain my diaper wetting habits right where I'm at, or even better, get to the point where I'm basically incontinent in a diaper, but in total control when not diapered. If that's possible. If I start having accidents in regular underwear, I will know that I have pushed it too far. The object is to keep this strictly a mental thing and avoid any hard-to-reverse physical regression.
    Hehe, which is why I enjoy brain science! Anyway, I do enter a diaper mode and there is a lot of unconscious stuff going on and I keep on peeing, but I wouldn't call myself basically incontinent because I always have some control over it, but the threshold of "letting my bladder empty itself" is much less if not non-existent when wearing a diaper (whereas in underwear I need to push myself over that threshold). However, I do always have control over it and I can stop whenever I want (e.g. someone at the door, unexpected guests etc). So I always have this main-control and I wouldn't want to lose it, it is just that I can "control" myself to go into "I am now wearing a diaper and can pee whenever I want and just let go"-mode, if that makes sense.

CracklinPants, nice topic, good point to share thoughts about this.

The conclusion for myself is that I am at the same level as you are. I can let it flow super easy when I am diapered, indeed much easier than without one. I sometimes have those naughty periods in time where I try to wet something else than diapers, and indeed, it is much much harder to let it go. I think this is due to the fact how much a diaper can hold. It is a lot! And mostly it is hidden away under a pair of nice sport shorts or so, and this certainly helps. Who the heck will think about the fact that I can have a diaper under my sexy silky shorts? No one. Let me conclude that trust plays an important thing here. Trust in my diaper and trust that no one will know or even see. In my earlier years I always was scared that someone would come at the door while I was diapered. For this reason I only did things at night. Nowadays when I am diapered I simply don't care anymore any time. For other 'hobbies' -for obvious wet spot visible reasons- this is different ;-)