Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Lullaby Makes You Go Night Night?

Talking What Lullaby Makes You Go Night Night?

What my title says...

My dad would always sing to me lullabys that would always leave me imagining what the song would look like if they did a video of it! I later learned he referenced from The Beatles

My daughter recieved a Lullaby C.D. from the hospital when she was born. And I would play it for her in the evening hours....When her father and I split and we shared a 1bdrm I grew to like it all the more....My favorite lullaby on the C.D. is Pachabell Canon....The other thing I still enjoy singing to her 'Hush Little Baby' but a version that we found in a book. It is not the normal as I would say.....After singing this to her many of nights and naptimes I memorized all the words.....and as she grew older and learned to speak the words too, she would start to sing along too....Very Sweet....I find now that if she is really worked up and can't seem to calm down I will sing her the song.....I can't remember the author, I will look it up and post a follow-up....Also it is easy to personalize the song too....Lullaby and Goodnight.....zzzzzzzzzz

---------- Post added at 00:55 ---------- Previous post was at 00:44 ----------

It is by Slyvia Long, it can be found at most book stores and is a Board Book.....

Believe it or not...

Metallica's Master of Puppets album, played on volume just high enough to be aware of the music.

(Not kidding. Went to sleep to this record every day for years.)

Wolf Hoffmann, CD clasical
    Pink Floyd, Division Bell
    Metallica, S&M

Less usually
    Jethro Tull, Nightwish...

Metallica "Enter Sandman..." "Hush little baby, don't say a word, and never mind that noise you heard..."

I don't use it to fall asleep by, but "Lullaby for a Stormy Night" by Vienna Teng is awesome. If I ever have children, then I want to sing it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by KitsBunny View Post
    I don't use it to fall asleep by, but "Lullaby for a Stormy Night" by Vienna Teng is awesome. If I ever have children, then I want to sing it for them.
    Great song

I always like listening to...

Though I also tend to like horror movie soundtracks when I sleep O.o Like The Omen etc. Lustmord is also good. Black Star in particular. Karl Sanders does some good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaCat View Post
    I always like listening to...
    That's hauntingly beautiful. It's like a dream of rain, half-remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by KitsBunny View Post
    Wow, that song is really nice. I cried while listening to it.

I listen to a collection of lullabies by Jewel. It's an album called "Lullaby" very soft and sweet.