Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a UPS Box for Ordering

Default Getting a UPS Box for Ordering

Lately, I've been thinking about getting a UPS box, so I can order things online and pick up when I'm ready...Well I asked a friend that used to work at the UPS Store, what I would have to do, and now I'm going to pass the information on to you all...

What do you need?
    - 2 forms of identification (Such as License, Passport, Voters card, etc).
    - To be 18 or older.

How much is it?
    - Around $25 USD a month, for a minimum of 3 months.

What do you have to do?
    - When you walk in, and say that you want to get a small mailbox. There are forms you have to fill out (I believe you can get them from the UPS website, and print them out), and return them back to the store.

What do they give you?
    - Keys for your mailbox.
    - Keys to the store, so you can get to the mailbox after store hours.

Will the small mailbox be big enough?
    - If the package ends up being too big, they will just hold onto it for you, without putting it in the mailbox, so you would have to show up during normal store hours to pick it up.
    - There are bigger mailboxes available, but why waste the money?

What if I need to know more?
    - The people at the store should explain it to you, when you go to get one...Or I could ask my friend if you want to know without going in.
    Last edited by Pojo; 28-Jul-2008 at 15:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post

Will the small mailbox be big enough?
    - If the package ends up being too small, they will just hold onto it for you, without putting it in the mailbox, so you would have to show up during normal store hours to pick it up.
    do you mean to big? but anyways very good guide very helpfull
    THANKS!!!!!

Isn't it enough to specifically ask the sender of the goods you buy to send them to a specific UPS office (the nearest to you) instead of delivering them to your home?

I'm nearly sure that such an option exists, as there are people who are not home during the day and wouldn't be able to receive the delivery (anyway, when the courier fails its delivery for X consecutive times - for wrong address, you not being at home, etc... etc... -, they call you and tell you to go to their office to pick up the package yourself.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy_Jonas View Post
    do you mean to big? but anyways very good guide very helpfull
    THANKS!!!!!
    Fixed, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    Isn't it enough to specifically ask the sender of the goods you buy to send them to a specific UPS office (the nearest to you) instead of delivering them to your home?

I'm nearly sure that such an option exists, as there are people who are not home during the day and wouldn't be able to receive the delivery (anyway, when the courier fails its delivery for X consecutive times - for wrong address, you not being at home, etc... etc... -, they call you and tell you to go to their office to pick up the package yourself.)
    Well this would be good, because you would put the address of the mailbox, into the shipping address, and you wouldn't have to send an email saying when and where you want it delivered

Have you ever checked into a post office box, I'm not quite sure about the details, but it could be cheaper than UPS.

I know my brother at one time was going to come to live with me, I wanted him to get a post office box, so he wouldn't show up on my address.

They can't be as much as UPS....

Darkfinn

Pojo... you mean if the mailbox is too small... not the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Pojo... you mean if the mailbox is too small... not the package.

Maybe, but I just changed it to if the package is too big

I'm not sure about the Post office...I don't have any friends that work there

Darkfinn

The Post Office (US) is pretty much the same... except most medical supply companies won't ship to PO Boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Well this would be good, because you would put the address of the mailbox, into the shipping address, and you wouldn't have to send an email saying when and where you want it delivered
    What I meant is without the need of having a UPS box. But maybe in the USA things work differently.

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    What I meant is without the need of having a UPS box. But maybe in the USA things work differently.

I'm not sure how things are in Italy, but a UPS box would be for convenience...I don't know what you would have to go through for them to deliver on your terms, but with a UPS box, you can pick it up when you want, and you don't have to worry about them delivering to your house when you don't want to