View Poll Results: Have you ever thought about starting a Band Poll?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaahh I hate music!

1 4.76%
  • I already have one.

13 61.90%
  • I sing solo.

3 14.29%
  • Guitar Hero World Tour is my favorite game!

1 4.76%
  • I'm thinking about starting one.

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staring a Band

Default Staring a Band

When I day dream I sometimes dream about singing to a large crowd playing my favorite CURE songs. Thought about starting a darkwave band but..i can't sing and can't play any instruments. So I just have to be content with singing in the shower.
    Last edited by lifeisabeach; 22-Jul-2011 at 01:56.

I'll be honest, I've never thought about starting a band poll until now. But then I see that you have already started a band poll, so I don't need to start a band poll now. Although I kinda feel like I want to start one anyway seeing as I thought about starting a band poll only to find out you had already started a band poll.

But in all seriousness, I have thought about it, but I can't play any instruments well enough yet - so I am afraid I can't answer your poll without skewing the results.

A friend and I started a joke band together and got some people in on it. We ended up actually playing a show, although only doing covers because we had been together for a week, and after that we all kinda decided to go for it as an actual band, although we haven't practiced in a really long time, and our drummer is going on a mission...

Music has been part of my life since I was very small. I've been in bands since before Eeyore was born (not to single you out, but you're the only one in this thread with age posted). My first stage performance was a piano recital in front of 300 people at my church when I was 6. I played Fur Elise.

These days, I do a lot of different things. My favorite pet project is "songs that should never have been death metal".

Love Theme From The Godfather
    "A Real Nice Clambake" from Carousel
    The Incredible Hulk TV show theme song - "Lonely Man Theme"

It's a lot of fun, and totally silly.

I play in a real band, and it is infact my job. I make money playing music on the street with my friends and it is actually quite profitable. I play trombone and tuba. I also write and arrange music for different instruments. As for the music I listen to, I am pretty open to most types of music. My iPod has all sorts of music, ranging from Bach and Mozart, Benny Goodman and Kay Kyser, The Beatles and Steve Miller Band, all the way up to Three Days Grace and Eminem.

Very cool that you're already making money doing it at that young an age. Lot easier to convince your parents that it's a worthwhile pursuit in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I'll be honest, I've never thought about starting a band poll until now. But then I see that you have already started a band poll, so I don't need to start a band poll now. Although I kinda feel like I want to start one anyway seeing as I thought about starting a band poll only to find out you had already started a band poll.

But in all seriousness, I have thought about it, but I can't play any instruments well enough yet - so I am afraid I can't answer your poll without skewing the results.
    HAHAHAH that was soo funny!! i didnt get the Band Poll thing until I read your comment a couple of times.. i laughed so hard!

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    Music has been part of my life since I was very small. I've been in bands since before Eeyore was born (not to single you out, but you're the only one in this thread with age posted). My first stage performance was a piano recital in front of 300 people at my church when I was 6. I played Fur Elise.

These days, I do a lot of different things. My favorite pet project is "songs that should never have been death metal".

Love Theme From The Godfather
    "A Real Nice Clambake" from Carousel
    The Incredible Hulk TV show theme song - "Lonely Man Theme"

It's a lot of fun, and totally silly.

LOL! is that you singing the godfather song!!! Amazing!! The guitar sounds so good.

Yeah, I did the vocals (and everything else). It's a hell of a lot of fun to growl and scream like that, especially irreverently.

The original, for those of you who aren't familiar

Band.. no

I do go to occasional "jam sessions" with a bunch of guys (and one girl) from work though. Very informal and a lot of fun. Would highly recommend to anyone. Does wonder for timing too (which is good because mine really sucks!).

LittleDrummerGirl

I would love to be in a band, but I'm not particulsrly close to any fellow musicians that I know. And I have a completely different style than just about everyone I know.