Thread: Advice?

Default Advice?

Hi,

Not sure where I should post this just wondered people's thoughts. I'm pretty sure I'm not normal-that sounds odd but let me explain.

Firstly, I have this thing about copying people-like a few years ago when the guy with toreets was on big brother, after watching that I noticed I started copyin what he was doing-infact I still do some of it such as my head involuntarily moves and I get rather twitchy.

I don't act my age and haven't since I tured like 11/12 I just cat grow up, I don't dress grow up-my family used to get annoyed at it now I think they've got used to it.

Im also sure I have OCD, from what I read about it and this list of things which matched me.

There was more I was goin to write when I was thinking about it earlier but I cant remember it now-have a bad memory. If I remember I'll post the rest.

Just wondered if anyone thought this is odd or something etc?

Thanks Hol

Quote Originally Posted by dogsforlife View Post
    Hi,

Not sure where I should post this just wondered people's thoughts. I'm pretty sure I'm not normal-that sounds odd but let me explain.

Firstly, I have this thing about copying people-like a few years ago when the guy with toreets was on big brother, after watching that I noticed I started copyin what he was doing-infact I still do some of it such as my head involuntarily moves and I get rather twitchy.

I don't act my age and haven't since I tured like 11/12 I just cat grow up, I don't dress grow up-my family used to get annoyed at it now I think they've got used to it.

Im also sure I have OCD, from what I read about it and this list of things which matched me.

There was more I was goin to write when I was thinking about it earlier but I cant remember it now-have a bad memory. If I remember I'll post the rest.

Just wondered if anyone thought this is odd or something etc?

Thanks Hol
    I think you are pretty cool!!

you said:

That is cute. People who I like and look up, I tend to copy also. Especially their subtle mannerisms.

you said:

I'm kinda the same way... i'm the age of 4 - 5 at the core but spend all my time pretending to be an adult..so I have an idea how you feel. It's so draining.

you said:
    I'm also sure I have OCD, from what I read about it and this list of things which matched me.

I tend to make everything ritualistic and get anxious if things aren't exactly the way I want them too..

How do you deal with your OCD??

Hehehe, I have a short term memory too because of my ADD but have found ways to cope with it. Tried a few medications but my rebounds are horrible.

Thank you for sharing. Sorry I could not give you any advice but just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

First thing that comes to mind is Autism/Asperger Syndrome after reading a few things about yourself. I am autistic. (dx Asperger's 2 years ago)

The copying (what I call mimicking) is rather normal for those on the spectrum, since most of us have different personalities merged into one from other people that we have met and wanted to mimic over the years.

Liking things the way they are: very common to people on the autism spectrum. They dislike any changes in their routine / surroundings or usually take a lot longer than others to adapt to the changes.

Memory thing - could be your short term memory is shot but your long term is intact, or perhaps both?

Asperger syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check it out for yourself.