Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Church Shootout!

Default Church Shootout!

Well another case of homophobia and violence happened today at a Unitarian Church in Tennessee.

While the little kids group, THE LITTLE KIDS, were performing a play on stage, an armed man came in and shot down, hold on im about to gah, anyways, he freaking shot down 7 people, 1 has been confirmed dead.

Do you guys want to know why? Why I'm crying, what is wrong with this world?

They had just put up a sign that said "We accept everyone, including gays and lesbians" a stupid ****ing sign. Some guy shot 7 people and killed one of them over a stupid ****ing sign.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD?

I didn't learn of this until today at youth group, my friend went to suzzie (i think thats how u spell it) and her best friend from suzzie went to this church, she was crying so bad, bawling.

some links to that article (also I think they might be having a press conference about it on TV or something I dunno)

Tennessee church shooting injures seven - upi - Gulf in the Media
    (before one was confirmed dead)

Sharoncobb

"We have a lot of scared, traumatized children and they just don't know what to think," Drevik said.
    Last edited by Samaki; 27-Jul-2008 at 23:59.

I saw the shocking article earlier today, but it didn't give the reason on that particular report. Fortunately, none of the children were hit. Such acts are completely senseless, however becoming increasingly commonplace as people's attitudes and actions deteriorate. If you don't agree with something - fine, but there's a right and wrong way to voice your disapproval. Sadly, this can be a very sick world indeed.

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Samaki View Post
    Well another case of homophobia and violence happened today at a Unitarian Church in Tennessee.

While the little kids group, THE LITTLE KIDS, were performing a play on stage, an armed man came in and shot down, hold on im about to gah, anyways, he freaking shot down 7 people, 1 has been confirmed dead.

Do you guys want to know why? Why I'm crying, what is wrong with this world?

They had just put up a sign that said "We accept everyone, including gays and lesbians" a stupid ****ing sign. Some guy shot 7 people and killed one of them over a stupid ****ing sign.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD?

I didn't learn of this until today at youth group, my friend went to suzzie (i think thats how u spell it) and her best friend from suzzie went to this church, she was crying so bad, bawling.

some links to that article (also I think they might be having a press conference about it on TV or something I dunno)

Tennessee church shooting injures seven - upi - Gulf in the Media
    (before one was confirmed dead)

Sharoncobb

"We have a lot of scared, traumatized children and they just don't know what to think," Drevik said.

Well they don't exactly know why, but that is the most probable reason why.

You learn a lot of depressing stuff when your friend is friends with someone from the church =/.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/27/...ing/index.html

i just found that article, it was 9 wounded with one of the 9 dead.

This can serve as a warning to all who want to reveal themselves in public. The United States is one of the most violent nations in the civilized world, and very intolerant. Living in the South, I am very careful about what I say and do.

I too heard this on the news today, and was saddened and outraged! We must not fall into the complacency of thinking that all people will at least tolerate us. There are those who are pure evil. Even so, who would go into a church where there is a children's play happening, and start firing a gun? I understand that the adults shot were diving in front of the children, trying to protect them from the gunman. If so, it sounds like the gunman was aiming at the children. Evil enjoys hurting the innocent.
    Last edited by dogboy; 30-Jul-2008 at 22:52.

Today's society saddens me. Times like these make me wonder if acceptance is even possible today.

dogboy, this is what I believe happened.

The man came in and sat down with a guitar case.

While the play was going on he got out his shotgun from the case and went to the front and started shooting at people, the first man to be shot, and also the one who died, stood up and jumped in front of the man to block the shot.

What really scares me is that, it couldve been my church.

Error404

It's a real shame that these things happen, but nothing really surprises me anymore.

I'm shocked to hear that. I believe there's too much violence in the world, if only it can be changed. Why do other people judge other people? I mean we're all made differently and we cannot change what we do. We are who we are and that's all we got.

After seeing the violence in the movie Dangerous Minds (1995) I thought the violence was bad, but now in real life it's everywhere.

This is a very sad incident indeed. It is often to hard for people to understand just why a person does something like this. It makes no sense to us. I know and understand that at times people feel helpless and frustrated at their situations in life, but nothing can ever be so bad that you should resort to something like this. At times I think that the world would be so much better off if these people would just take their own lives, but then that isn't the answer either. There is help available and people willing to work to solve the problems these people have which makes such an incident even more unnecessary.

Samaki, I would have to say that based on the articles and the news reports I have seen on the incident I believe you have jumped the gun saying that this was motivated as a result of any gay or lesbian issues.