Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you view infantilism as a strength or a weakness?

Default Do you view infantilism as a strength or a weakness?

Been thinking again and I've found that my infantilism is more of a liability, when I was a teen I found it as a strength but now with the feds looking into my background it could really screw up my professional life. Obviously they are laws preventing such discrimination but we all know laws aren't always followed. So have any of you lost a job or have had any negative impacts because of your infantilism? Have you had the complete opposite? A positive reaction? or lube made a career out of it?

I've never been exposed (that I know of) - I'm careful to only use personal computers to access this site. I also have no desire to inform others about it, other than my long term girlfriend (likely to be fiancée) - so I don't feel disclosure is out of my control either.

I see it as neither a strength, nor a weakness, as I don't let it define me. It's just a quirk I have. So just like I play video games to relax, I wear diapers and regress to relax. Neither video games or diapers define me, and the only strength is that I can relax using them.

If you could prove you were discovered and subsequently discriminated in the workplace for it, you'd have grounds for legal action - not that many people would be brave enough to expose themselves like that, but it would still be grounds for a suit. As for positive reactions, I can only think of cases where a friendship has blossomed as a result - I can't imagine it would get you a foot on the career ladder... Unless you opened an AB nursery of course!

You think a lot... Doesn't your head ever hurt?

I think it has been positive for me in the sense of improving my own understanding of myself, and has strengthened my stance of not judging others. I never really did judge others, but becoming a member of another minority has only served to enhance my view and approach to outsiders.

There are also times when I think it is a strength that I actually have a method of relaxing, indulging and enjoying myself. Some people do not have this ability/luxury.

Generally, though, I'd call it a negative thing; a weakness. This has long been another reason to feel odd, weird, ostracised, perverted and messed-up. I don't exactly crave being 'normal' - being one of the status quo - but, equally, I wish there were less reasons to feel excluded.

I carry so many things that I must keep to myself. The more there are, the further I feel from any definition of normality.

i have never really thought of it as a weakness or strength but i think i echo many points made by eeyore

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I've never been exposed (that I know of) - I'm careful to only use personal computers to access this site. I also have no desire to inform others about it, other than my long term girlfriend (likely to be fiancée) - so I don't feel disclosure is out of my control either.

I see it as neither a strength, nor a weakness, as I don't let it define me. It's just a quirk I have. So just like I play video games to relax, I wear diapers and regress to relax. Neither video games or diapers define me, and the only strength is that I can relax using them.

If you could prove you were discovered and subsequently discriminated in the workplace for it, you'd have grounds for legal action - not that many people would be brave enough to expose themselves like that, but it would still be grounds for a suit. As for positive reactions, I can only think of cases where a friendship has blossomed as a result - I can't imagine it would get you a foot on the career ladder... Unless you opened an AB nursery of course!

It's definitely both for me. If I had to choose though, I'd say it's a positive. It helps me cope with my incontinence problems. It's a stress reliever. A uniqueness to me. Occasionally, it can be a sexual turn-on. I've gotten over the feelings that I used to have, that if I was acting babyish then I was doing something wrong.

However, I sometimes do wish I was not urge incontinent and not needing to wear diapers all the time. I feel like an outcast at times and it's hard not to feel somewhat babyish. But, it's who I am. I do hate having to hide things from people, but I know many would not understand, even though I am medically incontinent. There is not a lot of tolerance in this world.

In the end, I just don't care what others think anymore, except for those close to me. Has it limited my job prospects or life activities? Definitely not. But, even though I wear diapers 24/7, I don't advertise it or the fact that I am an AB. It's really no one elses business, but mine.

Although I havent been caught or had trouble in that resepct, Its a liability So im going to say weakness

Also, It hasnt benefitted me in anyway.

Valence

I see it as a strength. Without it, I definitely would not be sane.

I was about to reply and then I saw that Dan here already said what I was going to say:

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post
    I think it has been positive for me in the sense of improving my own understanding of myself, and has strengthened my stance of not judging others. I never really did judge others, but becoming a member of another minority has only served to enhance my view and approach to outsiders.
    I couldn't agree more. Being AB/DL hasn't really had a negative impact on my life but I don't see a whole lot of positive that it has done, except for the above, and I think it makes me a more interesting person.

I suppose it could be a strength for me in that it generates lots of good emotion, and happier people supposedly live longer. Although saying that, it has the potential to be a weakness due to having to power to damage reputation like you say. I'm yet to experience ABDL in a relationship, but I'm guessing it would be a bit crap if you break up with a girl who then proceeds to tell everyone and their dog about you. That's my only real fear.

I don't worry about infantilism ruining my career however, because there would be a 0.01% chance of it ever getting out.

You do lots of thinking, does your think muscle ever hurt?
    I don't think it's a good thing or bad thing; just another unique piece in the puzzle that is me.