Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Smoking

Default No Smoking

To those that Smoke, please do not be offended by this post. I do not mean to offend, degrade, or harm anyone. I swear.

My little brother attempted to get me to smoke today. I despise it with a passion, however, for several reasons. 1) It killed my beloved Uncle. 2) It helped kill my Papa. 3) Having Asthma with severe spells, makes you appreciate the moments where you can breath without little worry.

I told my brother, "No", so he called me a "Frickin' Itch Snitter with a Bad Case of the rabs". That's not what he said, but I think you get the picture.

I do not understand why he wants me to smoke? But it's made me wonder, what do you guys think about smokers? Or do you smoke?

P.S. Have you guys seen how expensive they are now......who can afford them anymore?

I don't know where you're from, but they're cheaper in the south. like $4-$5 for big name stuff (marlboro, newport, camel, etc) vs $11 up most places up north.

How old is he? I don't know why he would want you to smoke. Are you sure he wasn't just offering? I smoke occasionally when I have the money. I used to go through a pack a day but figured that spending $40 every week and a half was a bit excessive for something that doesn't even do much for me other than kill time when I want to.

oh and i have no clue what that's supposed to mean. but seriously, he doesn't even sound old enough to smoke if he said something like that.

Don't smoke. My mom has to carry an oxygen tank wherever she goes now because of smoking. Luckily she quit a few years ago.

I do agree, smoking totally sucks and disgusting. Aside one incident, I never smoke a cigarette of any kind in my life. The incident you say? Well, I just puffed just couple of times on a cigar I tried couple of years ago while my mom was smoking it. Next morning, my lungs hurt. =( So obviously, I will not do it again, but at least now I know how it feels like: awful.

Main reason I refuse to smoke because I have small lungs than the average. So if I smoke regularly, I will get sicker much faster, much higher risks of cancer and so on. I was born premature and came with bunch of lung related problems (underdeveloped). Despite all of this, I don't have asthma...weird!

i don't smoke but being around people that do dos not bother me at all having said this wouldn't it be cool if people that do smoke swap cigarets for a pacifier

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryRaven View Post
    To those that Smoke, please do not be offended by this post. I do not mean to offend, degrade, or harm anyone. I swear.

My little brother attempted to get me to smoke today. I despise it with a passion, however, for several reasons. 1) It killed my beloved Uncle. 2) It helped kill my Papa. 3) Having Asthma with severe spells, makes you appreciate the moments where you can breath without little worry.

I told my brother, "No", so he called me a "Frickin' Itch Snitter with a Bad Case of the rabs". That's not what he said, but I think you get the picture.

I do not understand why he wants me to smoke? But it's made me wonder, what do you guys think about smokers? Or do you smoke?

P.S. Have you guys seen how expensive they are now......who can afford them anymore?

I smoke a pipe on a very irregular basis (like once every 3 mounths) but for the marjority of the time I don't touch tobacco at all, it's a disgutsting habit but I only use my pipe when i'm really stressed (that only happens every 3 mounths or so)

Scootalooo

I smoke cigarettes on an iregular basis, pretty much given them up

Never smoked, don't have any urge to either. Nothing against people who do smoke - apart from when they're the only smoker in your friend group and drag you outside so they can have a smoke...

I don´t smoke and I hate people for smoking during my presence (especially when they´re telling me how expensive and useless it is, and how much they whished they could stop, while opening their next package of cigarettes).

I admit it, I'm hopelessly hooked. I've been smoking for 27 years. I smoke the mini cigars (mine's an off-brand, but think "Swisher Sweets") so I only pay $14 a carton - I figure if I'm going to kill myself, I may as well do it as cheaply as possible.

I also do my best to respect people around me - I don't smoke in my own house, nor do I ever light up in a group of nonsmokers, even outside.

I would never, ever try to encourage someone else to start smoking. I'd bitch-slap your brother if I were within striking distance of him.