Thread: Debug Support for My Latest APP

Some form of client bringing together Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc, plus all my forums and rss feeds. In other words, one application I need to run instead of lots of different tabs in my browser.

Not sure how easy that is, but would be awesome!

LittleDrummerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Some form of client bringing together Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc, plus all my forums and rss feeds. In other words, one application I need to run instead of lots of different tabs in my browser.

I don't think I would want to match my facebook up with my ADISC account. That probably wouldn't go over well with my friends.

Skill level, general interests, and time line would be required to make a sensible suggestion

You looking for a weekend project or something to keep you busy for the next year? Looking to learn a new skill or produce something cool with what you already know (in both cases you should think about the whats and the whys)?

I Dunno how rss feeds works, care to explainn and i'd be happy to look into it

In reference to PM - I'd envision a desktop application that has customisable tabs to hold different "news feeds". So for example, I could set up one tab to show me both my facebook/google/twitter feeds in one feed (rather than three different browser windows). I'd then also want a tab that would hold all my RSS feeds (RSS is a way for a site to publish new content - i.e a new comic or blog post). I'd finally want a tab for different forums, so I could check to see if there were any new posts in each of the forums I'm a part of.

What would be awesome would be if I could also reply to threads/tweets/messages directly from the app, where it would send from the right account.

Now I'll be honest, it's probably a massive task. Dealing with all the different API and feed formats can't be easy; there are already apps like this around, but none that can bring everything together in one...

In reference to PM - I'd envision a desktop application that has customisable tabs to hold different "news feeds". So for example, I could set up one tab to show me both my facebook/google/twitter feeds in one feed (rather than three different browser windows). I'd then also want a tab that would hold all my RSS feeds (RSS is a way for a site to publish new content - i.e a new comic or blog post). I'd finally want a tab for different forums, so I could check to see if there were any new posts in each of the forums I'm a part of.

What would be awesome would be if I could also reply to threads/tweets/messages directly from the app, where it would send from the right account.

Now I'll be honest, it's probably a massive task. Dealing with all the different API and feed formats can't be easy; there are already apps like this around, but none that can bring everything together in one...
    I'll work on the interface to start and you tell me if you like the layout....

I didnt know google did news feeds.... can u send the link or are they just linked to your Gmail contacts

Also. the only way you can legally link a FB account to an app is with an "Authenication Token" Dunno how hard those are to get...ill work around it if i have to

---------- Post added 18-07-2011 at 22:48 ---------- Previous post was 17-07-2011 at 19:16 ----------

App is up here for debug (just the splash screen is coded so far) if anyone sees an error get back to me

http://gottrecovery.com/Cliche.zip

A group has been added, please refer there for future udates on the application

Search: Cliche Social Application
    Last edited by goodnightmoon92; 19-Jul-2011 at 04:07. Reason: Grouo Added