Thread: Diaper changing routine

dloverjack

Default Diaper changing routine

What is your diaper changing routine?

I'm not IC, so I just change whenever I feel like it and do not feel like sitting in my own wastes anymore.

I have the other diaper easy to go with the booster already on the inside up front more, then if I have enough room I lay down and then proceed to lotion and powder up rub it all in and, after this I tuck and pull the diaper up and pull the back and front till snug, smooth out the front panel and then tape the bottom up while angling it upwards then I will do the same to the otherside. Then I smooth out the top part of the landing zone and apply the top right and then left tab, after standing I take one finger and run out the leg gatherers so no part is folded in I then shape the middle part of the diaper letting the leg gatherers stand straight up and down. Then I wash my hands. There ya go that's my process.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    I'm not IC, so I just change whenever I feel like it and do not feel like sitting in my own wastes anymore.
    That is takeing all the fun out in wearing diapers.

I try to do this as quickly as possible and the only thing I do try to do is to give the diaper a good shake before putting it on - the vaccuum packaging compresses the absorbant material and I think shaking gives it a better chance of working well.

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    I try to do this as quickly as possible and the only thing I do try to do is to give the diaper a good shake before putting it on - the vaccuum packaging compresses the absorbant material and I think shaking gives it a better chance of working well.
    Agreed. I give disposables a good shake, as though I'm unfurling a folded blanket, before I put them on.

As for me, since I'm not IC and I wear purely for the pleasure of it, I don't really have a routine with regard to times or whatnot. I'll wear a diaper until it's well and truly dead, probably much more than a true IC person that has to worry about potential leaks would ever consider.

With regard to actual changing, if I'm doing a disposable, I'll unfurl the diaper like a folded blanket, and then spread it out on the floor, making sure that the powder is on my right side within easy reach. If I'm changing out of a diaper into a new one, it's a 50/50 crapshoot whether I'll then lay down and remove the old diaper, or whether I'll just remove the old one while standing.

With cloth, I'll start by selecting how many layers I want, then I start the process of stacking and folding, making sure to put the pins on my right within easy reach. I also make sure that the plastic pants I want are close by and in easy reach, as well, as I like to put them on before I stand up. If I'm changing instead of just getting wrapped, I'll usually remove cloth while standing, as I find it easier to pull down plastic pants while standing, and I don't necessarily want the liquid held in the cloth to soak into my new diaper or the carpet or whatever. Then, once I'm de-diapered, I'll lay down, wrap myself up, put on my plastic pants, and then get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    I do try to do is to give the diaper a good shake before putting it on
    Theys also works better if you slap em around a bit to show em who's boss.

Ok, on a serious note and with my Godfather impression aside, putting a load of disposeable diapers in the dryer for a minute or two to fluff them does wonders for how they fit if not how they function. It can also be quite the conversation starter should you use a laundromat.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    Theys also works better if you slap em around a bit to show em who's boss.

Ok, on a serious note and with my Godfather impression aside, putting a load of disposeable diapers in the dryer for a minute or two to fluff them does wonders for how they fit if not how they function. It can also be quite the conversation starter should you use a laundromat.

That dryer trick sounds pretty neat to you put it on high heat?

NO, just a few minutes on a delicate cycle will do.

Also, if you try it with just one diaper, be sure to throw a couple of towels or shirts in too, it works better.