Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what to say?

Default what to say?

OK, this is a question that I think is reasonable and people of our nature should think about when wearing in public.
    If someone confronts you about wearing a diaper how should you respond?
    And I don't just mean what to say but also consider the tone of voice, facial expressions, and etc. (yours and theirs)
    What would you say if they ask an indirect question like: what is that smell? or do you have baby powder on you?
    There are several things to consider in the approach when providing an answer to their question: Stranger vs. someone you know, location such as shopping vs. work, how did they identify you wearing? etc...

Obviously the goal is to minimize the exposure and apologize appropriately if you are trying to be discrete. Albeit there is a certain thrill to being "caught" we have to be considerate of the people around us, so at least apologizing can keep you from looking bad. (I don't want to imply that you should apologize for who you are but instead the situation at hand.) Choosing to wear is different than being incontinent and therefore certain considerations should be made, whether its to know how to respond to an impromptu question or know not to respond at all.

We tend to be paranoid because we know we're wearing diapers, but we should be able to respond in a way that is not "bad" to ourselves. I've seen alot of questions about being caught but what about after, how do you do damage control, so to speak?

---------- Post added 16-07-2011 at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was 15-07-2011 at 15:07 ----------

Ok, I have no replies, whats up?

I would just tell them to mind their own business and end the conversation there. 'Nuff said.

It really depends on their tone i guess. If the question is out of simple disgust then i wold say mind your own business. If it was more courteous and orginiated more from curiosity then i would probably tell them a reasonable lie or tell them the truth depending on the situation and who he person is.

As add2mac said, it really depends on how the other person asks. I would always try to deny it first if I could (e.g. they heard the noise and asked). In any scenario in which I couldn't deny it, my response would always include "temporary medical issues".

Being overtly hostile would be counter-productive in just about any situation. It draws attention, and if the person doing the asking was trying to get a rise out of you by showing disgust, responding with hostility lets them know they hit a nerve and it's worth their time to continue. If the person didn't have any bad intentions when asking, then you shouldn't be being hostile to them.

Honestly, I would stick to what I believe - which coincides to much of the advice this forum offers.

I think, regardless of their tone, I would remain calm and try not to make a big scene of it. If I acted like it's no big deal, I believe that is me asserting (or reasserting) control of the conversation, and they might likely follow that lead.

If I could, I would brush it off as something else; another passerby, and perhaps crack a joke to reinforce it. If this is not possible, and they persist with the matter, I would agree with the above posters and tell a reasonable lie. If the person was someone I knew, I may initiate a serious conversation along the lines of a minor bladder problem, and try and emphasise my embarrassment. Were it a stranger, I would likely take a more superior tone, and try to dismiss it as none of their business, at the same time choosing my words carefully enough so that they might feel bad or embarrassed for asking me.

I hope this waffling load of shite answers your question in some way!

Assuming you arn't dressed up in your favorite snap-crotch shortalls with the bear print on the front and pacifier in your mouth, you can just tell them it's a medical issue.

i highly doubt anyone would confront another just randomly, considering calling someone out for a possible medical condition makes that person look like a total ass

I was once associated with a very influential person in his mid 40's who made no secret of lowering the front of a disposable diaper when using the restroom. No one ever spoke to him about this, but he must have known he was observed. The comment among other male workers was one of respect for someone who coped well and kept on working to a very demanding schedule without making demands on anyone.

And i think attitudes have changed for the better since then.