Thread: Well that sure was a smart move, dumbass.

Default Well that sure was a smart move, dumbass.

Stockton police move live grenade from Miracle Mile | news10.net

Do I laugh, or do I cry because the guy was so stupid? That area of pacific ave, a major crossroad of Stockton dubbed "miracle mile" contains many different shops and restaurants. That area likely sees possibly 2,500+ cars per day.

Well, generally speaking a grenade isn't going to do that much damage if it was in the guy's truck. Unlike the movies, a single grenade won't blow up an entire block of houses and shops. Unless you activate the primer and such it isn't going to go off. I would think he made a decent enough decision to bring it to someone who knew how to dispose of it versus letting children re-enact some John Wayne movie and blowing themselves up.

Hm. Really they aren't -that- easy to blow up. Although if it was old/degrading it might pose more of a danger.

I've got to give him props for not wanting kids to find it and kill/maim themselves. And it's not like he was running around waving it in the air screaming "I'M ON THE EDGE! I'LL BLOW YOU ALL UP!"

Quote Originally Posted by reddawn2988 View Post
    Well, generally speaking a grenade isn't going to do that much damage if it was in the guy's truck. Unlike the movies, a single grenade won't blow up an entire block of houses and shops. Unless you activate the primer and such it isn't going to go off. I would think he made a decent enough decision to bring it to someone who knew how to dispose of it versus letting children re-enact some John Wayne movie and blowing themselves up.
    So, you think it's hard to call the cops and just watch the area the grenade is in and tell people to keep away, on a private property?

As opposed to doing the same on a major street with coffee shops, fashion stores, pubs, restaurants, etc?

Sort of a pleasant surprise for me. With the stories I've heard from behind the scenes, I expected that the responding officers had been the ones doing the dumb stuff when I saw the headline. Good to see they called in the ones trained to deal with explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    So, you think it's hard to call the cops and just watch the area the grenade is in and tell people to keep away, on a private property?

As opposed to doing the same on a major street with coffee shops, fashion stores, pubs, restaurants, etc?
    Been my experience that people don't always think rationally in these type of situations. One thing to read about it after the fact, another thing to be staring at the grenade in your lawn. I suspect most people would just call the cops, however I can understand someone freaking out and acting irrationally.