AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though my trip on watching random videos on YouTube I got lead down a path of AOK first I watched Arther in his grown up life where he was an office computer countent or something like that. Then I found Dora the grown up which was Dora acting like a big kid in the adult world (Which is very hellerious and relatable) Yet it can not top Ciou the grown up. Now since Dora is a adult in these series she talks to the audience as if they was little but the whole show is still based around her in adult life.

Now Ciou the grown up or Ciou at 22 takes the cake. He insists in acting as he was little and he dose not want to grow up. Daaaaaady XD even said "Your not progressing as much as we thought" and in the short 4.40 he acts like a little/baby and his room has stayed the same.
I kinda see a little or a adult baby element to this video and this could come under regression of choice.

WARNING This video contains a few swear words, Adult Ciou in a tie and underpants and threatening behaviour click at your own risk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ancfV-rhAHU

I was watching Red Dead Redemption II videos on YouTube when I came across a tutorial on how to get a good weapon in the game. A guy is trapped in the basement of a gunsmith and he's wearing a sailor suit like a child. The gunsmith sees this person he's captured as his son. When you lead the gunsmith down to the basement, part of it is setup like a child's room.

[video=youtube;CFu9aQVQvGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFu9aQVQvGs[/video]

Reactions: californiakid
tina-diaper.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

cupidtina.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

cupidtina.jpg
She's wearing a diaper

Last edited:
Been watching my way through Star Vs. The Forces of Evil on Hulu. Extremely fun show.

In Season 1 Episode 8, Star's wand runs out of power and, having misplaced her charger, she and Marco visit a pan-dimensional big box store called Quest Buy to pick up a new one. They bump into Star's nemesis, and hijinx ensue.

At one point, with Star's wand useless, they end up cornered against a wall of boxes labeled "BIG BOY DIAPERS". Needing an improvised weapon, they start flinging boxes at the villains, yelling "BIG BOY DIAPER BLAST!"

The scene in question starts at about the 1:10 mark here:
[video=youtube;YzJUyQpBelA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzJUyQpBelA[/video]

Big E of the New Day dressed like a baby on SmackDown last night.
[video=youtube;lwhMjFUFMYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwhMjFUFMYk[/video]

That is so cute ! I love it Takashi !!

Angellothefox said:
Though my trip on watching random videos on YouTube I got lead down a path of AOK first I watched Arther in his grown up life where he was an office computer countent or something like that. Then I found Dora the grown up which was Dora acting like a big kid in the adult world (Which is very hellerious and relatable) Yet it can not top Ciou the grown up. Now since Dora is a adult in these series she talks to the audience as if they was little but the whole show is still based around her in adult life.

Now Ciou the grown up or Ciou at 22 takes the cake. He insists in acting as he was little and he dose not want to grow up. Daaaaaady XD even said "Your not progressing as much as we thought" and in the short 4.40 he acts like a little/baby and his room has stayed the same.
I kinda see a little or a adult baby element to this video and this could come under regression of choice.

WARNING This video contains a few swear words, Adult Ciou in a tie and underpants and threatening behaviour click at your own risk

That channel is one of the most negative things I've ever seen. Has anyone tried to spoof ADULT shows?

another Bob's Burgers one... Louise is forced into a slumber party and she sabotages the party and she runs off the other girls, except of Jessica, who went to bed early... and she's a bedwetter. She has a routine for it, she has plastic bags, goes to bed early, gets up early to change... only Linda, the mother, accidently drops a handful of tie-dye tee shirts by tripping over Jessica's backpack, and she picks up the plastic bag with her pajama bottoms... After a wild hide-seek deal with Jessica trying to find her pants. When Tina, Gene and Louise found her, Louise found her pants... and was really civilized about it, but the one plot device that skipped logic... Jessica had wet her pants BEFORE going to sleep. A sentiment I can relate to.

Reactions: Irishboy
All the go Animations.
They have tones of ABDL shorts with that go Animation thing.
I do not see why people pay money to make cartoon animation with robotic voices.

Some of the ABDL Go Animation's are cartoon teenagers getting diaper disciplined or put back in diapers for whatever reason, others are cartoon adults getting put into diapers, they are so many it is hard to count.
With Go Animation I do not know whether the people doing those shorts are making fun of ABDL's or they really like ABDL's?

I can agree about the mention of Bob's Burgers, since even I myself noticed this. Diapers really get mentioned a lot in different contexts and Jimmy Pesto was already unambiguously outed as an ABDL, which means the authors certainly know about the whole topic. It's definitely an interesting catch, even though I doubt there's any deeper meaning behind it.

Takashi said:
I was watching Red Dead Redemption II videos on YouTube when I came across a tutorial on how to get a good weapon in the game. A guy is trapped in the basement of a gunsmith and he's wearing a sailor suit like a child. The gunsmith sees this person he's captured as his son. When you lead the gunsmith down to the basement, part of it is setup like a child's room.

[video=youtube;CFu9aQVQvGs]

I wonder whether the guy trapped in the basement wearing a sailor suit was wearing a diaper underneath. Assuming that he may have been down there for a while I think he might need to change out of those sailor suit cloths.
I find it intresting how the Black Smith said he needed discipline which is a word that often comes up in the ABDL community.

I really like pop culture threads like this one. Here's another thing that could be of some interest to you - it's not directly related to Adult Childs or anything, but these are some eBay commercials that ran (or are still running) in Germany, revolving around people who can't separate from their childhood stuff (with the message being, of course, that you should sell it on eBay, lol):

Don't know whether there are any more of these, I don't watch TV often. ^^;

Not sure if this made the thread of not...circa 2014 Check it Out with Dr. Steve Brule on adult swim. Season 3, episode 5. Oh my, diapers showed up midway. Wild and crazy show for sure.

Oh man, I just saw this piece from the Jimmy Kimmel show with Josh Brolin.
Cringeworthy :oops: but at least they were playful about it :) Lol!
What kind of diaper is that anyways?!? 🤣

It looks like a really thin, crap diaper: maybe Depends?

In Blitz: The League the defense will taunt you by telling you to go change your diaper.

I started playing GTA: San Andreas for the first time in years recently and came across this while listening to the K Rose radio station.

"K Rose, how come there are no stores in San Andreas that sell belt buckles? I need one the size of a hubcap. I bought a huge one in Florida that was a memorial to diaper fetishism. Great for moms.

Zanki Zero
It's a video game made by chunsoft, the developers of Danganronpa and Mystery Dungeon where you control the 8 remaining humans who mysteriously survived an apocalypse. The game is about 1/3rd dialogue+cutsceens and 2/3rd dungeon exploration, base building, combat, survival, looting, and inventory management.

One of the things you have to manage is your character's bladder, and early on in the game I was constantly having accidents. Each character has a few lines of dialogue about it all.

This is a semispoiler that you'd learn in chapter 1 and the trailer but....
If your characters die you'll be brought back to life as children.

It's not MEGA ABDL but I still found it relevant

Last edited:
i always thought minnie mouse was an abdl as the leg cuffs on her bloomers kinda look like the leg cuffs on a diaper and alot of characters like that in the 1930s-1950s (mary dahl/baby doll from batman, that girl from cats dont dance, elmyra from tiny toons, ortesia the cat etc) usally are babies who wear bloomers but they dont want to tell you that they are actually diapers as those are kids cartoons and producers didn't want to encorage kids to wear diapers at least back in the 80s and 90s

Last edited:
No, not diapers.

Actually bloomers.

It was a ridiculously cute fashion for little girls around the 1920's to have a shorter dress/smock with a pair of matching bloomers over her underwear.

Many cartoon characters created at and around that time had them. This in turn influenced later character designers to use the same 'peeking bloomers' style for characters who were supposed to be 'sweet and innocent', and later on characters who LOOKED like they were sweet and innocent.

Diapers at the time did NOT have leg cuffs, being that they were cloth only. And the rubber pant didn't really have pronounced leg cuffs either.

Also animation nerd me wants to point out that out of the list of characters you mention only two were actually created in the 20's. Ortensia (Debut Nov. 28, 1927) and Minnie Mouse (Debut Nov. 18, 1928) were both initially created by Ub Iwerks and Walt Disney so they SHOULD look quite similar. Minnie was intended as the Mickey Mouse version of Ortensia.

Mary Dahl/Baby Doll, Darla Dimple and Elmyra Duff were all from the 1990's. Though Mary Dahl and Darla were intended as living around an earlier timeframe.

Attachments

• df8231d11355eb246a191dbef2843736--s-clothes-children-dress.jpg
    df8231d11355eb246a191dbef2843736--s-clothes-children-dress.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: baliebox4916
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back