AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sad
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, littledub1955, Edgewater and 5 others
Anyone engaged in fetish activity looks freaky. These things always are better in the first person than the third person. I avoid mirrors, me. But many people like mentions in popular fiction. Especially in the old days when all of us thought we were alone... And mentions reassured us that we are not alone that if someone else thought of it then there must be others into it. Besides, it is ok to be able to laugh at oneself, at least to some extent...

• Love
Reactions: Boobarpapa, BobbiSueEllen, Edgewater and 7 others
Wait, I don't get it. It was a link to a monty python video. Oh well it was pretty funny!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
TheLocalraccoon said:
Anyone engaged in fetish activity looks freaky. These things always are better in the first person than the third person. I avoid mirrors, me. But many people like mentions in popular fiction. Especially in the old days when all of us thought we were alone... And mentions reassured us that we are not alone that if someone else thought of it then there must be others into it. Besides, it is ok to be able to laugh at oneself, at least to some extent...

You make some good points but alot of the *B/DL stuff I see isn't being true to what we are about.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Edgewater, LonelyKitty and 1 other person
There are only so many ways it will be portrayed in the media:
1. documentary - which will either be some sensational tabloid thing or else some really dry academic thesis from sociology or psychology. The term "paraphillic infantilism" is a giveaway.
2. parody
3. straight - but this will be diaper ads, whether for kids or adults, or something on bedwetting or disability: which isn't "for fun." If the presence of diapers is treated as "no big thing" then that almost sensationalizes the issue.

I honestly don't know what a "sympathetic portrayal" would look like. Ideas, anyone? Examples?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Edgewater, disabledinconben and 3 others
I've still yet to see a good or accurate depiction of diaper fetish in pop-culture. The one's I have see even freak me out a little. <_<

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Edgewater, pdiapered and 2 others
on oneof the episodes of "My Name is Earl" (I apologize for not knowing which at the moment) one of the main characters meets a guy at a bar. They wind up in a motell and he comes into the bedroom with a binky, bottle, and diaper. But then the woman says "I don't think this will work out.
I remember now! Its the one where Joy is looking for a husband because she is single and pregnant.

Reactions: Edgewater and pumpkinsweets
One day this week (either Wednesday or Thursday) I was half-watching The View and they were talking about buses and planes and stuff and Whoopi said something along the lines of "You'd have to change my diaper!" which I just gaped at for about 3 mins before I laughed.

Reactions: Edgewater, DLJosie and niteboy
She said something like that for Comic Relief ('06 I think). At one point she came out wearing some kind of towel thing over her clothes, which looked like a humongous diaper. That was over a year ago, though.

Reactions: Edgewater
I have heard about a movie, I think it was "Bad Girls From Valley High" with 2 scenes with girls wearing diaper, but I never seen it

Reactions: Edgewater, ChrisK, leafgoalie and 1 other person
There are many Simpsons ep's... Bart and Lisa are bumped to first class on a flight, and Lisa says, "They'll pamer us," Bart gulps, Lisa replies ,"not literally..."

Barney is advertising something wearing nothing but a diaper and a sandwich board, and the wind whips his diaper away... and he runs down the street yelling, "come back diaper!"

Ralph Wiggum says, "Daddy, these rubber pants are hot," and chief Wiggum says, "Until you learn, son..."

Reactions: Fraggle, Edgewater, BlueDude and 3 others
TheLocalraccoon said:
There are many Simpsons ep's... Bart and Lisa are bumped to first class on a flight, and Lisa says, "They'll pamer us," Bart gulps, Lisa replies ,"not literally..."

Barney is advertising something wearing nothing but a diaper and a sandwich board, and the wind whips his diaper away... and he runs down the street yelling, "come back diaper!"

Ralph Wiggum says, "Daddy, these rubber pants are hot," and chief Wiggum says, "Until you learn, son..."

There was also that one where Homer got a job humiliating himself for Mr. Burns' amusement. One of the things he had to do was wear a diaper and roll around on the floor of the ladies bathroom, saying something in a babyish manner (I forget what though).

There was that episode of America's Most Wanted where they did a reinactment of these two guys kidnapping a young woman and making her wear a diaper. And she cooked for them and stuff. Apparently, she couldn't escape because they had "a vicious dog outside that is trained to attack women."

Then again, if it was on AMW then it actualy happened. Never saw that episode, just a small clip. Anyone know what episode it is?

Target_0 said:
I have heard about a movie, I think it was "Bad Girls From Valley High" with 2 scenes with girls wearing diaper, but I never seen it

It's on YouTube, if you want to look for it. I've only seen the scene where one girl calls her friend at night. She gets up and it shows her wearing a diaper in full view.

Flintstones Season #3
flintstonesseason3.jpg
ep. #9
• Baby Barney
Fred told his rich Uncle Tex that he has named his child after him, so when Tex comes to visit, Barney agrees to don a diaper to keep Fred in the will.

Well let's not forget the movie Thumbsucker, a feelgood movie about a guy who still sucks his thumb. This is something that happend in real life to me, not a diaper sighting or something butt more a TB sighting.

I was at this convention at school where you get to see different jobs etc. So you know what you wanna continue studying for after high school(dont reall know the American system, those things are so hard to learn but think when you are around the age of 17-19. Well there was one part called something in English like Private business men, and they learned how it was having your own store and your own product to sell.
And then there was this one store that sold adult footed sleepers. guess I wanted to just stop and buy one, they looked really comfy, toobad I was surrounded by fellow classmates and other students. otherwise I would probably had bhought one because then I would have to order one from another country! ^^

Reactions: Edgewater and tbjay
If anyone read the world according to Garp, one of the characters in the story turns out to be a DL.

Although she turns crazy and kills the mian guy in the book....so not the best reference.

Happy Lurker said:
It's on YouTube, if you wa to look for it. I've only seen the scene where one girl calls her friend at night. She gets up and it shows her wearing a diaper in full view.

I thought that was Not another teen movie oh well.

Sailor Moon Episode 54 English Dub, Chibi Moon's Luna Ball turns into a bottle.

Reactions: Edgewater and BinkyBoi
Target_0 said:

Watched that one yesterday for the heck of it. Pretty funny flick. The scene(s) are from 40 to 50 mins in.

To kinda sum it all up... 3 super preppy girls all start ageing rapidly when a new "exchange student" arrives. One of them starts having to go to the bathroom a lot... she goes to the store to buy some adult diapers... and ends up wetting herself in the checkout line. It then goes to a phone call scene later that night... and when she gets up out of bed she is wearing a huge diaper that crinkles very loudly. In the next scene the girls are at a pep-rally and all 3 admit that they are experiencing some strange things... which leads her to cry out "I've been wearing adult diapers for 2 weeks!"

All in all... a crappy movie with a wierd plot... but for 10 minutes of diaper humor it was worth it.

Reactions: Edgewater and LonelyKitty
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back