AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheOriginalSomeThing said:
I tried to find this but nothing came up. Can you name any episodes?
Off topic, but I am trying to find a way to message you on here. Was wondering if you still have your giant JAAG turtle...

In the early 2000s I belive it was Maxum magazine their was a guy that needed a new laptop. So they made him go around in a diaper asking to be changed. It was a funny article and quite a surprise to be found in a mainstream mag.

Reactions: Deleted member 61864
I am not sure weather this belongs in here but I remember in 2012 I think (you know what I am not quite sure)

But they was a prank video where they was a man wearing a adult diaper/nappy being pushed around in a wheel barrow.

He would often stop and walk off and the members of public would go up to him and interact with him.

In the prank video the guy often babbled and made other baby noises while in the wheel borrow.

I remember the woman in the video were the most curious about the adult baby in the wheel barrow. 🩲🍼

Vice just posted a video about ABDL:

Reactions: Thalie, LainIsLain and TheDiaperdStoner
littlelambchop said:
I thought this portrayed our community in a positive light compared with others that I have seen.

littlelambchop said:
Ya that wasn't awful!

LainIsLain said:
Ya that wasn't awful!
Find tv series with episodes of kids being dressed and treated like babies completey.

Chillhouse said:
There was that episode of America's Most Wanted where they did a reinactment of these two guys kidnapping a young woman and making her wear a diaper. And she cooked for them and stuff. Apparently, she couldn't escape because they had "a vicious dog outside that is trained to attack women."

Then again, if it was on AMW then it actualy happened. Never saw that episode, just a small clip. Anyone know what episode it is?

It's on YouTube, if you want to look for it. I've only seen the scene where one girl calls her friend at night. She gets up and it shows her wearing a diaper in full view.
Did she use said diaper or was it implied

LainIsLain said:
Ya that wasn't awful!
I feel like that was ok. Definitely not as bad as these usually go.

melancollie said:
not sure if it was posted, but in Grand theft auto liberty city stories, one of the missions you have to take pictures of some guy dressed up in a diaper big and something else.
I accidentally came across it on a Top 10 on YouTube and that mission came up.

It was The top 10 horrible things that the main characters in gta have done or something.

I saw this on YouTube once
I dunno what the shows called, the creature reminds me of a digimon

Speaking about Digimon.
I do not know if this counts but Digimon season 3 digimon tamers

Takato is trying to tell his friends about the digimon fight he saw.
However He forgot that he was floating outside and his hands got wet.
When he mentioned that his hand was wet his friends teased him about wetting the bed.

When Guilmon runs to a underground car park Takato meets Rika and Renomon, Rika comes out from her hiding spot and says.
"Are you ready to fight now, is your little dinosaur out of diapers yet"

Henry's sister often likes to dress Terriermon in various dresses and treat him like a baby.
Unfortunately for Terriermon he has to keep a low profile so he often has to act like a plush when she plays with him.

They is a lot of talk about putting Terriermon in a diaper, although you don't see it, it is talked about a bit.

Raccoon said:
There are only so many ways it will be portrayed in the media:
1. documentary - which will either be some sensational tabloid thing or else some really dry academic thesis from sociology or psychology. The term "paraphillic infantilism" is a giveaway.
2. parody
3. straight - but this will be diaper ads, whether for kids or adults, or something on bedwetting or disability: which isn't "for fun." If the presence of diapers is treated as "no big thing" then that almost sensationalizes the issue.

I honestly don't know what a "sympathetic portrayal" would look like. Ideas, anyone? Examples?
I'm with you here ...... start making advertisements on tv or whatever internet site showing diapers and normal people . Just because someone mention or say "diaper" on tv means absolutely nothing ! People not in this community make jokes/references to diapers daily if not hourly .

Raccoon said:
There are only so many ways it will be portrayed in the media:
1. documentary - which will either be some sensational tabloid thing or else some really dry academic thesis from sociology or psychology. The term "paraphillic infantilism" is a giveaway.
2. parody
3. straight - but this will be diaper ads, whether for kids or adults, or something on bedwetting or disability: which isn't "for fun." If the presence of diapers is treated as "no big thing" then that almost sensationalizes the issue.

I honestly don't know what a "sympathetic portrayal" would look like. Ideas, anyone? Examples?
With all due respect I believe there could be a sympathetic portrayal if created by someone in the community. There is a way to make art. Always. Resource dependent. I think it's been on this board in discussion but the new lowbudget movie MANBABY falls into 'parody' at first appearance but more and more people who watch are saying 'art' which is what i thought when i saw it. Also ABDL doesn't play a real role, but it is sympathetic to alternative lifestyles. Worth watching. vimeo.com/ondemand/manbaby

diaperedjoshua said:
In the early 2000s I belive it was Maxum magazine their was a guy that needed a new laptop. So they made him go around in a diaper asking to be changed. It was a funny article and quite a surprise to be found in a mainstream mag.
Any idea what issue this was in? Thank you!

doctoreliza said:
With all due respect I believe there could be a sympathetic portrayal if created by someone in the community. There is a way to make art. Always. Resource dependent. I think it's been on this board in discussion but the new lowbudget movie MANBABY falls into 'parody' at first appearance but more and more people who watch are saying 'art' which is what i thought when i saw it. Also ABDL doesn't play a real role, but it is sympathetic to alternative lifestyles. Worth watching. vimeo.com/ondemand/manbaby
MANBABY?
OH SHIT!

Type "diaper challenge" in youtube or tiktok and you'll find a lot of people wearing diapers as a wholesome dare.

...don't think I've seen anything posted about this. Seen it years ago. Scroll or start at about 1:20

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back