AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would share this diaper reference.

ae56907032ee012ea5cb00163e41dd5b

There's been quite a lot of publicity here in various womens' magazines for AB/DL although it tends more towards the AB side of things. Generally the articles have been positive or at least neutral in tone, although one I remember seemed to find the idea of someone not JUST wearing nappies but actually acting as a baby to be weird/disgusting.

Here's Big Brother From the Philippines
YouTube - 01052010-121111.avi

The day before, they were caught peeing on the wall when all of the toilets were full; their bladder was so full that they were forced to do so.. They were forced to wear diapers and pee in it as punishment for an entire day..

Dark Bringer said:
Okay, a while ago I went to see the movie Adam where the main character has Aspergers. One of the trailers shown in the theatre before was a Japanese film about a cellist who gets a new job preparing dead bodies for burials. At one point in the trailer, there is a shot of the main character posing in an adult diaper in a studio for where it appears people are going to do a painting. I have no idea how that in any way relates to
the rest of the film. Anyways the english title is called Departures (Okuribito), it won Best Foreign Film and the music is done by Joe Hisaishi who many might remember has scored most of the Ghibli/Miyazaki movies.
YouTube - Departures / Okuribito / ????? - HD Movie Trailer

I watched this movie last night. I had no recollection of this post and wasn't expecting any diaper content, so it was something of a shocker. The main character was wearing a diaper for his participation in a training video on the preparation of dead bodies by "encoffiners". As one might expect, the Japanese have fairly elaborate rituals for the preparation of dead bodies prior to going into the coffin. The fascinating part was that it seems these are often performed in view of the family and friends of the departed and so a major component of the ritual's purpose is to preserve the modesty of the deceased. The diaper shot was presented in a very matter of fact way, although from the story, it's unclear to me as to why they had him wear it unless it is common practice to diaper the newly dead, which would not seem to be the case from a later scene with a body. Good movie all around for anyone intested in seeing Japanese culture in a non-martial arts/anime mode. Two thumbs up :)

Hearing on some previews for the new season of the Bachelorette that there will be a bedwetter as one of the bachelors.

It's a long time since I deposited something in this thread; but I was watching Idol and pm-ing a newly met ab on another site... and this came on:

[video=youtube;zQ07wh2OOQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ07wh2OOQE&NR=1[/video]

It would be less stupid if it were plastic-backed. Ugh, ugly diapers.

Raccoon said:
It's a long time since I deposited something in this thread; but I was watching Idol and pm-ing a newly met ab on another site... and this came on:

[video=youtube;zQ07wh2OOQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ07wh2OOQE&NR=1[/video]

It would be less stupid if it were plastic-backed. Ugh, ugly diapers.

It has Sissy-ism too!

Anyways, I watched The Green Hornet with my uncle today. When he got knocked out for like 11 days, Kado put him in a diaper. :p My heart like stopped when that scene came on!

Overall, I hated that movie, but it was totally fitting for my uncle... a$$hole...

onecho said:
I was falling asleep to reruns of Cheers last night when my ears picked up on something, grabbing my attention.

In an intro, Lilith is explaining to...what was Kirstie Alley's character named...that Frasier likes to regress (the word was actually used) by calling her his "mommy", eating a piece of cinnamon toast and being tucked in while she sings "All the Pretty Little Horses." Then, she adds, they make love until "the windows rattle." Wow.

I looked over to see if my wife heard any of that since she usually would check to see what my reaction to such a statement would be. But no, she was asleep.

It was interesting to hear, though, especially for how old the episode is (mid-80s). Since my parents would watch Cheers all the time, maybe my very young mind heard that and something clicked, only to manifest itself years later. Hmmmm...

Oh yeah...her name was Ms. Howe, Rebecca Howe...

Really weird, because the rumor is that Kelsey Grammer is an adult baby.

I don't think anybody has mentioned the episode of Bob's Burgers where Bob uses Jimmy's diaper fetish to blackmail him.

Just discovered this one. It's not really an AB/DL reference, but I thought it was funny!

It's a Doraemon manga in which Nobita, the main character, discovers a secret about one of his classmates...

Keep in mind it's from right to left, top to bottom. It's worth the 5 minutes of reading, I promise!
Doraemon 4 Page 1, Read Doraemon Chapter 4 Online for Free

Col said:
Just discovered this one. It's not really an AB/DL reference, but I thought it was funny!

It's a Doraemon manga in which Nobita, the main character, discovers a secret about one of his classmates...

Keep in mind it's from right to left, top to bottom. It's worth the 5 minutes of reading, I promise!
Doraemon 4 Page 1, Read Doraemon Chapter 4 Online for Free

That chapter was great, too bad they never showed the actual diaper though.

Don't know if this got mentioned, but the Planetes anime had a couple of instances. It's hard sci-fi set in space so diapers are a given. In episode 1, the main character Hachimaki stumbles in with nothing on but the upper half of his spacesuit and his diaper. In episode 9, Hachi points out that Tanabe is wearing a diaper to which she retorts "so are you." The manga doesn't make any reference to diapers.

Francis said:
I don't think anybody has mentioned the episode of Bob's Burgers where Bob uses Jimmy's diaper fetish to blackmail him.

I don't remember this one either, but there is the episode where Bob craps himself in karate class. What was the title of the episode w Jimmy???

Is that Burger Wars from last night? If so, then nevermind, that was on last night, but I must have missed the diaper part. Strange.

Odl9791 said:
the Planetes anime had a couple of instances.

Not an anime fan so no surprise that I haven't heard of it, but I am a huge sifi, and diapers in pop culture, fan so, "INTO THE NETFILX CUE IT GOES!!!"

Thank you for the referance

Khaymen said:
Not an anime fan so no surprise that I haven't heard of it, but I am a huge sifi, and diapers in pop culture, fan so, "INTO THE NETFILX CUE IT GOES!!!"

Thank you for the referance

Da nada. Hope u have some time. The whole series is 20+ episodes. Let me know how u like it.

My Strange Addiction (TLC TV Show) had a segment all about Adult Babies, I think the name of the episode was "Wears Diapers", and was the 3rd episode of the 2nd season.

FRIENDS : Diaper references

watching two episodes. The one with the baby shower and phoebe makes a reference to the stripper dressing as a baby. Also Monica runs off to "powder her ass". And in the one with the cooking class,rachel is torturing ross because he needs a pee with information on baby goods, then he says "talking about diapers..." does anyone think an ab/dl wrote those episodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back