AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw a clip on Disney XD for I'm in the Band and there's a guy there in footed PJs.

CuteGaachan said:
So... carrying around a teddy bear and sucking on a pacifier makes you an adult?

I've been doing it wrong for years. :eek:

You know the real victim here? That teddy. That's a very cute teddy, and it's stuck with a horrible girl. Not fair.

Small reference in the new series of Suite Life on Deck. They're giving this new kid a crash course experience of childhood as he's missed out and Zack mentions starting out with diapers and how they're great because they puff up in a pool. :D

In Shoot Em' Up, the main character goes and retrieves this girl from a whore house. When he busts in the room in the middle of the session, it's a guy in a diaper getting breastfeed by her. There's baby bottles and a big crib in the room too, I think.

Anyone think we should make a list of all the things that have been menchened on here? I see alot of repeat information.

Nip/Tuck Season 5

Season 5 of Nip/Tuck, last disk of season, there are outtakes with the character Christian running out onto the set wearing very clinical looking snap-on plastic pants. My wife thought it was very strange. I was laughing. Not really into the show however.

Anybody remember the Rugrats? I remember this one episode "Anjelica's Birthday" where Anjelica dresses up in a diaper and bonnet and tries to get away with being a baby again to avoid the responsibiltes that come with growing up.
That was always my favorite... *Nostalgia*

Johnny Test

Johnny v. Bling Bling 2

Bling Bling makes a ray that turns him into a baby and Susan and Marry end up babysitting him and he turns Johnny into a two year old.

Would post a youtube link but I can't find it in english.

CherryCake said:
Anybody remember the Rugrats? I remember this one episode "Anjelica's Birthday" where Anjelica dresses up in a diaper and bonnet and tries to get away with being a baby again to avoid the responsibiltes that come with growing up.
That was always my favorite... *Nostalgia*

OMG!

When I was a kid, I would SO look forward to seeing that episode: "Wow, someone who's not a baby wanting to go back into diapers! Me too!" :laugh::laugh:

Anyone remember what season that episode of Rugrats is from? I have seasons 1-5 on my computer but haven't had a chance to watch them all.

okay i am mentioning this on the offchance that someone will agree with me

i was watching a Miazaki movie (totoro) and noticed that BOTH girls seemed to have a padded sense around them.
now if you remember the clothes washing scene there appears to be no pantys hanging on the clothesline. but there are some rectangles that are too small to be towels...
in kiki's delivery service there is the same padded sense.
now..
is miazaki a *B/DL Daddy?
i would think so.

Those would be bloomers. :p In much of Miyazaki's style, including on grown men and women, puffy pants are inherent.

Haha, my friends thought the same thing when we watched Kiki's Delivery Service, 'it looks like she's wearing a nappy!'.
Glad they said that though, because I was thinking the same thing. And thought the same thing with Totoro. It's just Japanese weirdness though, no nappy. :p

I just read the Death Note 13, and they had a comedy panel with L in a stroller sucking his thumb. Thought it was interesting.

Baseball4life7 said:
Saw this Maury clip today and it's this 13/14 y/o girl who wants to have a baby so she carries around a bear instead and puts baby stuff on it (I.e. Diapers pacis etc) and she also sucks on the pacis often if you google paci Maury it should come up or on YouTube.

Found it YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

if it doesn't work I apologize I'm using my phone so it's kinda hard if not go on YouTube and put paci girl Maury should be first one that says "this show sucks pacis"

YouTube - Maury: This Show Sucks...Pacifiers! (2008)

Here it is. That girl has NO clue what it's like.

Here's the next part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFuk8z56TTU&feature=related

kryxel said:

i was watching a Miazaki movie (totoro) and noticed that BOTH girls seemed to have a padded sense around them.
now if you remember the clothes washing scene there appears to be no pantys hanging on the clothesline. but there are some rectangles that are too small to be towels...
now..
i would think so.

I actual have seen this too but did not think about it untill now. So you could be right.

kryxel said:

now..
i would think so.

Yup, those are bloomers. Actually quite common in anime/manga for young girls. Like in Hanamaru Kindergarten. Every girl looks like they're wearing big poofy nappies...and yes, they are incredibly adorable. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back