- Seriously work out
    - look serious , never smile or laugh to loud, speak in a serious voice
    - play rough sports like basketball and rugby and Mix Martial Arts
    - dress casual in black
    - read GQ & Men's Health
    - Watch reality shows
    - Super outgoing and friendly

My True Self
    - Scaried of dating girls.. the only time i felt comfortable dating girls was when i lived in Japan. Maybe because they have more of a childish culture there I could be myself.
    - Have turned all of my girlfriends into a mother figure
    - Hate working out!
    - Extremely scared of men. I think all of them want to beat me up and choke me to death. Even though I am 6'4 - 210lb
    - Extremely shy, speak in a soft gentle voice
    - Always feel like smiling and laughing and being silly and cheeky and sometimes teasing!
    - Hate watching and playing agressive sports
    - love soft colors
    - enjoy lullabies, and ethereal music
    - Heavy into Anime, Cartoons and Manga.
    - Don't where diapers but once I get home I take all my clothes off and walk around in my glow in the dark disney boxers - aladdin is my favorite
    - Religiously use Baby Oil, baby wipes and baby lotion
    - Addicted to Pinching and clipping my nails so I won't bite them

I think that gives you an idea.

When i was 3 or 4 something traumatic happened and I think I am still deeply stuck psychological at that age. Also I was secluded from society because I was traveling all the time. Just find that I have to systematically teach myself all the time how to behave like an adult.

Any ideas on where to place me? Sorry for the ramblings english is my second language.

Thanks
    Last edited by lifeisabeach; 14-Jul-2011 at 04:49.

I'd place you as a child in an adult's body... so if you want to fit in on here, probably AB. But then again, you fit in purely by being on here, no one cares about labels. If you can get involved in discussions on the site, that's all the criteria filled!

Thanks! I can be considered AB even though I do not wear diapers? When I read the posts Diapers seem like a big part of the AB lifestyle.

So to break it down as best as I can.

AB = adult baby, someone who wants to be treated like the way a baby would - be that nursing from a mother figure, playing with toys, eating baby food, using diapers - as long as part of you wants to be treated like a baby in some respects, you can respectfully align yourself with being AB. Thing of it as a spectrum - you might have people that just like to suck their thumb and act childish - and you might have some people that want to be a baby 24/7, relinquishing all adult aspects and literally act like a newborn baby. As long as you align yourself on that spectrum, you could consider yourself AB.

DL = diaper lover - this is someone who simply likes to wear (and maybe use) diapers.

Both AB/DL can be sexual in nature, but conversely both can involve nothing sexual at all. Also, you can be both AB and DL - although an AB who wears diapers because they are a baby does not have to be a DL too.

Hope this helps! But again, don't feel like you need to have a label - and don't let anyone tell you you are or aren't an AB/DL - it's up to how you feel inside more than anything!

They're not, not at all.
    Focussing largely on diapers is the DL side of things.
    Being an AB, though, involves many, many other things. It is about the entire feeling of being young again; the whole philosophy.
    I'd agree with eeyore, that, from what you've said, you sound stuck in a grown-up body.

I hope you find a place to fit x

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    Thanks! I can be considered AB even though I do not wear diapers? When I read the posts Diapers seem like a big part of the AB lifestyle.
    You should look up posts from folks like me. I'd guess that a majority of my posts fall outside of diaper talk.

The wonderful thing about this place is that you don't have to be or do anything to fit in. If you had no interest in diapers, playtime, or any other theme common here, but want to be a part of this support community, I would still say welcome and enjoy yourself.

Thanks a lot! The Dyslexia in me says I need a title to understand what social rules to follow ( kinda like a secret society). Then I know how much to give and how to act and what is and isn't appropriate. Also, I have never been able to fit in anywhere so to be able to find a group would feel like i finally belong somewhere.

Is there Adult Toddlers?? If there is can you tell me a little about them?

How did you guys find where you belong?

I guess Adult Toddlers come under the umbrella term of AB really - in fact, you'll find a lot of our members regress to a "little" of an age 2-4 (ish) - I guess it can be easier to regress to a toddler and maintain a bit of adult features, rather than a helpless baby really.

Out of interest, I was under the impression dyslexia was a reading/writing difficulty - needing to fit in and understand social rules sounds more like autism/aspergers (nb I can't remember the specifics of these difficulties; I'm not implying they are the same).

When I first joined the site I was unaware of the social rules here, I also wasn't sure about how this lifestyle worked for me. I'll be honest, I just spent a lot of time reading posts and contributing - the more I was involved here, the more I learned about myself and what I want from the lifestyle. I guess the same should apply to any new member (hopefully).

nappiboy

Hi I am new, and now confused. I have always thought of myself as a DL as I love to wear. I do get turned on by wearing but this is not all off it, as I do just love to wear as well.

But I am interested in purchasing a pair of baby print plastic pants or a cute baby print diaper cover. I have recently purchased a NUK 5 paci (that I love), and purchased a pair of clear plastic pants and cloth diaper to remember a time gone bye. I love to curl up in bed with my paci and relax am I an AB????

Sorry I didn't want to jump in on your intro I was just feeling confused
    Last edited by nappiboy; 14-Jul-2011 at 13:39. Reason: wanted to add an apolagy

Quote Originally Posted by nappiboy View Post
    Hi I am new, and now confused. I have always thought of myself as a DL as I love to wear. I do get turned on by wearing but this is not all off it, as I do just love to wear as well.

But I am interested in purchasing a pair of baby print plastic pants or a cute baby print diaper cover. I have recently purchased a NUK 5 paci (that I love), and purchased a pair of clear plastic pants and cloth diaper to remember a time gone bye. I love to curl up in bed with my paci and relax am I an AB????

Sorry I didn't want to jump in on your intro I was just feeling confused
    Again, I'll reiterate - there's an AB/DL spectrum - it's not a set of criteria, just a movement you can align yourself with. From what you've said, it sounds like you have AB tendencies along with your DLness. If you want to call yourself AB, I don't think there's evidence to the contrary.