Thread: Am I wrong for this

Default Am I wrong for this

OK a cousin cam to me the other day and told me hi whas gay. hi just wonted to git it off his chest we all know how that is. I told my cousin that it's OK to be gay and you should be proud of how you are but I told him know or family it's bast for him to hied it from them. So am I wrong to tall him to be proud than he should keep it in the closet?

alu

it realy depends on how your family will take him being gay and what not, but for now i guess its best as its not a situation taken lightly.

I just didint wont my cousin to geat hart.

Umm I can understand your conflicting feelings its hard to be proud of something that's in the closet...like us ab's. But I don't think you where wrong you just wanted to protect him.

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    Umm I can understand your conflicting feelings its hard to be proud of something that's in the closet...like us ab's. But I don't think you where wrong you just wanted to protect him.
    Thanks that maed me fill badder drasnick.

Butterfly Mage

I'm neither proud nor ashamed of being gay. It just is what it is. For certain, nobody should ever feel ashamed about being gay. I'm glad that you are accepting and supportive of your cousin. You most certainly did the right thing to affirm his desire for self-acceptance.

Coming out to family can be a real mixed bag. It depends on the family in question. Christian or Islamic fundamentalist parents have been known to disown and evict their gay teenage children. I have been disowned by my dad and we haven't spoken since 1995 (no loss, since he is an asshole). Other families, however can be very accepting and affirming. In my family, I found that I haven't exactly been shunned, but most of my family members put significant emotional distance between themselves and me after I came out of the closet. I occasionally get invited over for major holidays, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I'm neither proud nor ashamed of being gay. It just is what it is. For certain, nobody should ever feel ashamed about being gay. I'm glad that you are accepting and supportive of your cousin. You most certainly did the right thing to affirm his desire for self-acceptance.

Coming out to family can be a real mixed bag. It depends on the family in question. Christian or Islamic fundamentalist parents have been known to disown and evict their gay teenage children. I have been disowned by my dad and we haven't spoken since 1995 (no loss, since he is an asshole). Other families, however can be very accepting and affirming. In my family, I found that I haven't exactly been shunned, but most of my family members put significant emotional distance between themselves and me after I came out of the closet. I occasionally get invited over for major holidays, but that's about it.
    it's sounds like that's a loot of hardship being gay. evan though I am a Christian I never head any thing a gents people who are gay. Hell I Mead out with a boy wont's. I Thoth I whas but I wasn't.
    I just don't see the big dell is all and who am I to Judge another persian lifestyle. I think God love us for who we are not who we do in bed. So to Butterfly Mage and all my guy friends hers a friendley hug to you all.

You're right: He shouldn't be ashamed, yet he should proceed with caution.

Sounds to me like you told your cousin exactly what every gay person needs to hear at some point, that It's OK and you still love him.

Well done!