Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Bad places to order from

  1. #1

    Default Bad places to order from

    Well, as far as I can see the last thread this was discussed in was in 2008 so time to re-open the problem.

    Post below any companies you would never use again and the reason.

    My only one - Bambo Nature, Eco, Training, Nature, Nappies, Incontinence Pads, Organic, Biodegradable Nappy, Baby, Babies Nappies, Dog Litter Waste Poo Bags

    The company is professional, the order was processed and dispatched quickly...but in a clear plastic bag, that was delivered straight to my front door (despite adding a note asking them to leave it around the side of the house) into the waiting arms of my brother! Yes, my brother signed for my clear bag full of nappies. He was also handed the invoice (not sealed in an envelope or anything) naming all the items in the order, just incase it wasn't quite clear enough.

    He then asked me why I ordered them when I got home.

    My brother is not a discreet person and I expect this secret will be blown to the rest of my family when I next see them in about a week. Thankyou bambonature for your complete lack of discreteness.

    So, any other sites to warn against?

    If I can just save one person from suffering the hell that I am going through right now, I can feel like i've done a good deed in my life.

  2. #2

    Default

    Oh man. That's just horrible! I would totally blast them for that in an e-mail.

    Do they not know the meaning of the word 'discretion'?

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default

    Actually, we did have a blacklist on our now defunct wiki that had several websites listed. However I believe that list was not transferred to an article when the wiki was purged.

  5. #5

    Default

    I'm fairly sure if you told your brother it is a fetish he would have no business bringing it up with your parents.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Littleabgirl View Post
    Well, as far as I can see the last thread this was discussed in was in 2008 so time to re-open the problem.

    Post below any companies you would never use again and the reason.

    My only one - Bambo Nature, Eco, Training, Nature, Nappies, Incontinence Pads, Organic, Biodegradable Nappy, Baby, Babies Nappies, Dog Litter Waste Poo Bags

    The company is professional, the order was processed and dispatched quickly...but in a clear plastic bag, that was delivered straight to my front door (despite adding a note asking them to leave it around the side of the house) into the waiting arms of my brother! Yes, my brother signed for my clear bag full of nappies. He was also handed the invoice (not sealed in an envelope or anything) naming all the items in the order, just incase it wasn't quite clear enough.

    He then asked me why I ordered them when I got home.

    My brother is not a discreet person and I expect this secret will be blown to the rest of my family when I next see them in about a week. Thankyou bambonature for your complete lack of discreteness.

    So, any other sites to warn against?

    If I can just save one person from suffering the hell that I am going through right now, I can feel like i've done a good deed in my life.
    Sorry to hear about that.

    You could tell him they were to be used as a prank for a friend or something like that. I know people who play pranks like that on friends all the time. I have a friend that sent a hearing aid rep out to a friend's house to talk to his dog about getting hearing aids. I sent tampon samples to my boss Jeff, and KY samples to the company president. Yes, I've even sent Depend samples to my boss' boss. I'm quite the prankster.

    Anyway, I use Amazon because they are always discreet, and I have yet to have a problems with them.

  7. #7

    Default

    Oh, I know what this is like, and being order discovered is what brought me to this site 3 years ago. My wife was quite ill, a MRSA infection in her foot, and she had just gone on dialysis, the Vincomyacin destroying her kidneys. She's diabetic. It had been a hard Christmas and she told me to order anything I wanted. I thought perhaps she knew, so I ordered adult size cloth diapers and plastic pants, the first time I ever did something like that. It was through Amazon.com. They don't identify specific items on the credit card bill and it was right after Christmas, so I thought I was safe. I was until they sent a later inquiry via e-mail asking, HOW DID YOU LIKE YOUR DIAPERS! My wife was the first to see this and asked me, "DID YOU ORDER DIAPERS?" The floor opened up and swallowed me. Two things soon happened. I discovered ADISC and asked the members for advise, and following that advise, told my wife, for the first time, that I am a diaper lover. No pressure there.

    Turn the clock to just three months ago, and I ordered some very cute, baby printed plastic pants from Fetware. I gave them my home address and credit card number, and they sent the BABYISH PLASTIC PANTIES to my DAUGHTER and my SON IN LAW! I couldn't believe it. The credit card was one my wife always used, and she did buy things for our little grandson and have them shipped to our daughter. That's the only way I can think this happened. Anyway, instead of telling the truth, we both fabricated a story about some strange perverted man who must have ordered these and got the wrong address.

    As a final upshot, my wife said she will do the diaper ordering from the internet from now on. I have been a very bad baby.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Alphacore View Post
    Actually, we did have a blacklist on our now defunct wiki that had several websites listed. However I believe that list was not transferred to an article when the wiki was purged.
    I thnk making a new article would be a great idea to warn fellow ADISCers.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Alphacore View Post
    Actually, we did have a blacklist on our now defunct wiki that had several websites listed. However I believe that list was not transferred to an article when the wiki was purged.


    Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    I thnk making a new article would be a great idea to warn fellow ADISCers.
    Not porting the blacklist was a conscious decision.

    The blacklist on the Wiki was not well maintained or in any way comprehensive, so the information it gave was suspect. Moreover, it suffered greatly from the law of unintended consequences; among other things, we got hounded by multiple "ABU representatives" signing up and creating what ultimately became dramatic threads in gross violation of our rules against advertising. Making an official site article puts us in the business of throwing stones at other online entities, which demonstrably created headaches of varying degrees.

    I can see the arguments for a blacklist, but really, to do it right in a way that could potentially justify the problems it creates, it would have to be comprehensive and carefully maintained to a degree which requires resources we don't have. Moreover, it is simply not well-suited to the article format. As a Wiki article, it worked in theory but failed in practice because it stagnated rather than see any updates. I would say that the best way to vet a given vendor is to post a thread asking about it, and, along those lines, doing forum searches for that company to see if there were previous complaints.

  10. #10

    Default

    I love hdis for samples, but beware unless you specifically ask them not to they will send you junk mail.

Similar Threads

  1. So HUNGRY!!!! To Order or not to Order?
    By Ch3stersGhost in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-Mar-2011, 19:35
  2. Hiding Places? :D
    By Tommy in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-Jan-2009, 12:59
  3. Bad places to order from online
    By ShippoFox in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-Nov-2008, 02:18

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.