Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My neighbour may be growing drugs!

Default My neighbour may be growing drugs!

I think my neighbour is growing or preparing to grow drugs. I can hear a sound like wood hitting wood at night, every night (think cupboards or doors) and I can hear metal being sawed tonight.

The house in question is FULL of plants, I couldn't see inside if I wanted to.

Do you think I should go to the police? I don't want to find out its some mentally disabled dude or something that makes me look like a prick so I'm hesitant to do that.

The plants are big leafy ferns BTW
    Last edited by Trevor; 09-Jul-2011 at 08:06. Reason: merging posts.

Whoa.

I'd wait a few days; it's possible he's just making flowerboxes, or something.
    If you don't see him plant the ferns outside after a few days, call the fuzz if you really want to.
    Last edited by Wiggly; 09-Jul-2011 at 05:20.

At worst, it's pot. Who cares?

Stay out of it and mind your own business.

I would just mind your own business. If your neighbor sells pot, who cares? How does it affect you?

I agree. As long as there´s no big cloud over the neighbourhood, it doesn´t matter.

Can you get me his number? I need to find a dealer...

Before I get banned from ADISC for saying that, let me just seriously say that there's nothing you need to worry about. Unless you become actively involved in his "plant growing", you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    I would just mind your own business. If your neighbor sells pot, who cares? How does it affect you?
    This. Emphatically.

Most people who run grow-ops want to keep as low a profile as possible. When you hear about an OP getting busted and they interview the neighbors, it's always like ":O, never would have suspected that!" You've probably got nothing to worry about .. so as others have said, wouldn't get involved unless this actually starts causing issues.

Then again, the fact that you noticed means he (or she) is probably really bad at it.. and the cops will probably find it soon enough... although even then they may not do anything about it. Dunno how the laws are down there, but here in Canada they have to jump through a lot of hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Most people who run grow-ops want to keep as low a profile as possible. When you hear about an OP getting busted and they interview the neighbors, it's always like ":O, never would have suspected that!" You've probably got nothing to worry about .. so as others have said, wouldn't get involved unless this actually starts causing issues.

Then again, the fact that you noticed means he (or she) is probably really bad at it.. and the cops will probably find it soon enough... although even then they may not do anything about it. Dunno how the laws are down there, but here in Canada they have to jump through a lot of hoops.
    America seems to take the "war on drugs" a lot more seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPurple View Post
    Do you think I should go to the police? I don't want to find out its some mentally disabled dude or something that makes me look like a prick so I'm hesitant to do that.
    At the end of the day you need to do what you think and feel is best, based on what your conscience is telling you.
    If you feel you should report it don't forget you can report it anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or as your still a teenager online at www.fearless.org

Sure he may have a medical condition and is growing for personal, madicinal purposes. But he may also be a selfish (beep) who sell this stuff to young kids outside schools, before trying to get them hooked on harder stuff (also pot has just been upped to Class B in the UK).
    The police will take all this into account if/when they choose to investigate.

You have my respect for wanting to be a responsible citizen!

Peace