Thread: Makeshift diapers

a1797

Default Makeshift diapers

I have already seen the wiki and I use my own interpretation of their disposable diaper. I take a 2gallon ziplock bag and cut it down the sides. Then I lay paper towels down onto of the plastic. Then you lay down on the plastic, pull it up between you legs, put on some old small underwear, and then you are good. Does anyone have any other makeshift disposables that they have tried?

I did a little of this "back in the day". Mostly just variations on this though. Usually used trash bags and rather than cutting all the way up the sides, I just cut leg holes (pro tips: cut a tiny bit smaller, put a small piece of tape where the cut ends to prevent ripping). I also used to get kind of fancy, would have a number of full sheets, would stack a number of folded sheets on top, then cut the sides of the full sheets and fold over the folded sheets in the middle (yeah I know that made no sense, really hard to describe!). Never bothered wearing underwear over it.. at most I would have some tape going through the crotch and around the waist to keep it from sagging.

Might also try just using towels and washing them afterwards (throw out the garbage bag). Don't see why it wouldn't work (assuming you have easy access to a washing machine). Probably a better approach if you do this a lot.

I used to fold towels to my liking, then for plastic pants I would take a shopping bag, cut straight down from the handles to the base. Set the towel centered on the bag, sit down, adjust, and tie the handles back together.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFurCat View Post
    I used to fold towels to my liking, then for plastic pants I would take a shopping bag, cut straight down from the handles to the base. Set the towel centered on the bag, sit down, adjust, and tie the handles back together.
    I used to do this too, but I'd just cut leg holes instead of the entire side (it just so happened that plastic shopping bags were almost exactly my waist size). Rinse towels out in the shower when done and then run them through the wash.