Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Large nappy on a medium waist?

Default Large nappy on a medium waist?

Hi,

I was in a charity shop over the weekend and found an unopened pack of Large Tena slip for 6 I was with a friend so I couldn't buy them but I'm thinking of going back in the next few days. My waist is 30"-32" so i guess they'll be too big anyway but do you think it would be worth getting anyway considering there such a bargain? Has anyone any experience wearing nappies that are too big, do they still work?

Honestly... if you could find a way to get them to stay on I would say it would be worth it... the bigger sizes absorb more.

Quote Originally Posted by ra12345 View Post
    Hi,

I was in a charity shop over the weekend and found an unopened pack of Large Tena slip for 6 I was with a friend so I couldn't buy them but I'm thinking of going back in the next few days. My waist is 30"-32" so i guess they'll be too big anyway but do you think it would be worth getting anyway considering there such a bargain? Has anyone any experience wearing nappies that are too big, do they still work?
    I'm a 34 waist and I found medium (not tena) quite large on me, but It worked fine, plus if you buy large, the chances of being suspected they are for you diminish even more, if you buy large they'll definately think they are for soeone else

AmbezeSubHealth

I've never like the fit of a large diaper on my medium waist.

Quote Originally Posted by ra12345 View Post
    Has anyone any experience wearing nappies that are too big......?
    a bit.
    Tena mediums are quite a trim fit, so the large size may not be too bad. and the waist fitment will be the least of your problems: it's the length [front to back] that's a killer.
    the length will determine how well a seal you get around your legs, especially once the diaper is a bit wet and starts to sag. a onesie or other such supportive garment may help, in that respect.

because of the cut of Tena-slips, i don't think you'll be able to secure the tapes around the legs, as one would with a hour-glass shaped diaper.

nonetheless, a bargain is a bargain, and let's not forget that a significant aspect of diaper wearing and using is the absence of control and responsibility. babies often wear ill-fitting or ill-sized dispies, so why not us?
    just go with the flow

If I'm at home alone I kinda like it when they leak anyway, so definitely let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    just go with the flow
    sorry but considering the subject matter that made laugh

ive got a 32 waist and have worn large before. they fitted fine, they just rode high. the top of the diaper was higher than my belly button :P

I'm in the upper end of the medium diaper size spectrum and have bought large to see how they fit.

I hated it and ended up throwing them away.

I advise buying the size that "fits" you, however I cannot say whether you would enjoy the feeling of an oversized ill fitting diaper.
    So, for the price, you might as well try it and find out.

You can make it fit, but you will find it uncomfortable as everything will be to wide, but they can be worn over the top of other nappies for added bulk.