Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accidental messing

Default Accidental messing

I'm not one to mess normally.
    But I went to bed padded, using flexoril and lunesta as prescribed by my doctor.

I wet while sleeping, which is normal for me on these meds, but almost immediately when I woke up I messed without control, I got 30 seconds notice, enough to get to the bathroom. But didn't manage to get untaped in time before it happened.

What's your opinion, side effect of med, or was something else going on?

~tgercub

My medical degree says you have a tonilhisterectomy and need 30cc's of DNA, stat!

Talk to your real doctor. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Tgercub View Post
    I'm not one to mess normally.
    But I went to bed padded, using flexoril and lunesta as prescribed by my doctor.

I wet while sleeping, which is normal for me on these meds, but almost immediately when I woke up I messed without control, I got 30 seconds notice, enough to get to the bathroom. But didn't manage to get untaped in time before it happened.

What's your opinion, side effect of med, or was something else going on?

~tgercub
    You should have a patient information leaflet inside the packaging of your drugs (at least this is the law in UK, I assume it's same in USA) that should tell you if diarrhoea is a noted side effect of one of those drugs (it may be a because you're taking them together, but your doc should probably have warned you in that case!)

I was warned that it might cause me to wet. But so far this is an isolated occurrence.
    But then again I do have spinal issues from an old injury.
    I'm more asking is muscle relaxants like flexoril have caused similar issues with others here.
    The doc said to call him if it happens again. ~tgercub

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    My medical degree says you have a tonilhisterectomy and need 30cc's of DNA, stat!

Talk to your real doctor. >_>
    Zephy you are funny sometimes honestly

Most people seek advice for stuff like this before going to the actual doctor, of course depending on the situation, I mean if I just had my arm majorly lacerated it's a different story, but something personal.

Excuse the medical degree for a second but who are you more likely to ask "oh, I messed myself last night, was it the medication or something else?", a support community who talk about this kind of stuff regularly, and that you know and trust well, or a doctor who you don't see very often at all?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBoy0397 View Post
    Zephy you are funny sometimes honestly

Most people seek advice for stuff like this before going to the actual doctor, of course depending on the situation, I mean if I just had my arm majorly lacerated it's a different story, but something personal.

Excuse the medical degree for a second but who are you more likely to ask "oh, I messed myself last night, was it the medication or something else?", a support community who talk about this kind of stuff regularly, and that you know and trust well, or a doctor who you don't see very often at all?
    Honestly? A doctor... particularly if I was just put on some new medication. Could be evidence of my system not taking to the medication, and could be a symptom of a much larger issue.

Then again, I'm in Canada and doctor visits don't cost me anything, and he's in the U.S....

I'm a certified pharm tech about to go to pharmacy school and a muscle relaxant such as flexaril could cause some GI upset and also relax the muscles of the body ie the anal sphincter and in combination with the sedative lunesta could cause you to experience some crazy diarrhea, it's possible that it could happen again but it is really dependant upon the foods you ate that night before and how much you drank of whatever that could influnence these side effects, either way just be glad you were padded and at least you didn't make a mess in the bathroom

Let me clarify. I've been on these meds for 2 months now. Yes. I do wake up wet from time to time with them. As warned. But they have enabled me to be active again and let me sleep even through the chronic pain of my back.
    It's just lately I've noticed a trend of me having less ability to hold it in the morning after and today I couldn't hold it at all. My doc isn't that worried yet, but it worries me more than him apparently.

By no means am I inexperienced with medicine, I was a paramedic when the injury that put me in this position occurred.
    I have gotten an appointment with my doc for next week to discuss it.

I was wondering if anyone had been on similar meds, and had the same issues.

I didn't mean to start drama, but my appointment is not until thursday. So I was looking to see if others had experienced similar.

~tgercub

Quote Originally Posted by Tgercub View Post
    I didn't mean to start drama, but my appointment is not until thursday. So I was looking to see if others had experienced similar.

~tgercub
    lol... this isn't drama. This is just discussing. There are plenty of people who come here and ask these questions WITHOUT booking appointments to see doctors, and it's probably best not to speculate about these things until you do see a doctor, since any advice we give may not only be wrong, but may be hazardous due to the medication you're on.