Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steam Summer Sales

Default Steam Summer Sales

Steam is having another summer sale, which if you remember previous year's sales, tends to have some pretty good offers. Yesterday's big ones were Recettear for 4, and Oblivion for 9.

Todays big ones are KOTOR for 3 and Shogun 2 for 40% off and Just Cause 2 for 5. However I did find that Shogun 2 was 60% off in Amazon UK, which meant it was actually cheaper there, so don't forget to shop around just because Steam has a sale on.

Anyone else buy anything interesting in the sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    Steam is having another summer sale, which if you remember previous year's sales, tends to have some pretty good offers. Yesterday's big ones were Recettear for €4, and Oblivion for €9.

Todays big ones are KOTOR for €3 and Shogun 2 for 40% off and Just Cause 2 for €5. However I did find that Shogun 2 was 60% off in Amazon UK, which meant it was actually cheaper there, so don't forget to shop around just because Steam has a sale on.

Anyone else buy anything interesting in the sales?
    I haven't personally bought anything from it yet but Jato got Borderlands from it yesterday. I already have Just Cause 2 and i HIGHLY suggest it if anyone liked GTA:SA, for now it's the game that's most like it with good graphics and gameplay. Plus JC2 has easy mods.

Also it kinda sucks that JC2 is 5 dollars USD, but 5 euros.

Haven't bought anything else in the sales yet, I may get Still Life 2 the day before the sale ends (if it isn't a daily). Heard it is pretty shit, but I want to finish the storyline damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Also it kinda sucks that JC2 is 5 dollars USD, but 5 euros.
    That also pisses me off!
    1 dollar = 6,26 SEK
    1 Euro = 9,1 SEK

Big difference! (SEK is Swedish Krona)

So far, I've picked up Medal of Honor and Spacechem for a total of 15$. <3 Steam

Salami

Got half life complete for $10! 75% off
    Then I got bc2 vietnam for only $5! Usually 15! I'm loving it! Great DLC!

Too bad I missed out on that Just Cause 2 sale. That game looks like fun in a bun.

Maybe I'll get this Half Life thing if it's not too late...

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Too bad I missed out on that Just Cause 2 sale. That game looks like fun in a bun.

Maybe I'll get this Half Life thing if it's not too late...
    JC2 will go on sale for 4.99 at the end I bet. last year they had repeat sales of the top sellers and im betting JC2 was one of them. It's a well optimized game, sadly it NEEDS windows 7 to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    JC2 will go on sale for 4.99 at the end I bet. last year they had repeat sales of the top sellers and im betting JC2 was one of them. It's a well optimized game, sadly it NEEDS windows 7 to run.
    Yeah, that's the only problem. Then again, it's been two years since my last reformat, so I'll probably do that if it goes on sale again.

So far I've got BC2, Medal of Honor and Transformers : War for Cybertron (for littleabgirl to play). Total is about 17 so far.

I do hate the translation between prices in countries - it seems like the US get a much better deal... Of course, it could be that Steam servers cost more to run in the UK (presuming they have built some here).