Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I feel like this?

Default Why do I feel like this?

I don't really know how to say this, but sometimes I feel completely normal indulging in my love for diapers, and other times I am completely disgusted with myself. Is this normal or am I just paranoid?

Its most probaly the feeling of guilt. I dont think theres anything wrong but see what others say about this.

Based on what you've described, you're going through the binge/purge cycle; it happens to people who haven't fully come to terms with being an AB/DL.

The gist of it is that you go back and forth between a period where you're happy with wearing diapers and a period where you feel shameful about it and want to stop liking diapers altogether.

To get rid of the cycle, you have come to terms with liking diapers and get rid of any feelings of disgust you may have towards them. One of the staff members, babyjess, wrote an article on that subject that you might find helpful: Accepting Yourself - And Your Liking Of Diapers

I think many of us have been there. It is common. My last Binge/Purge was 12 years ago now. Once you are comfortable with who you are and hopefully learn to like yourself it should go away. That is not to say that I don't take breaks from diapers, I just don't feel any guilt from them or the need to be "normal".

I would say that's pretty normal.

Nurse Silent says you'll be fine.
    Sure the general public would see it as strange, but we all have kinks lol. Don't worry about it at all.

It's normal to burn out on frequent activities after a while.
    During the burnout, you don't feel the joy you usually would.

I think the reason 'normal' people are grossed out at our *ahem* ...activity... is that they don't get excited or feel the positive emotions that we do.

When we indulge, we are flooded with such pleasure we don't even think twice about it. I hate to use this analogy, but it's sort of like having unprotected sex...from a third-party perspective, it's dangerous/stupid.
    But when you're in the heat of the moment, you don't think about it that way.

Of course, *B/DL isn't dangerous or negative. But...It's the best analogy I could come up with.
    That's my theory.

Everytime you feel disgusted with yourself just think that you have been brainwashed for feeling that way. We are social creatures so it is easy for us to be influenced by society but it is also important to listen to our true nature or you will just be another mindless sheep. Life is too short to be a brainwashed sheep. Be a happy diaper wearing sheep and learn to repress those negative feelings..because they will always be there haunting you.. making you doubt the things that bring you joy.

As the others have been saying, it sounds pretty normal to me, at least in the AB/TB/DL scheme of things.

There's another good article you might want to read...

It explains the binge/purge cycle some of the previous responders where talking about and how to deal with it. If you still have questions after reading this article and the one Nihlus suggested, please ask. We're here to help.

When it comes to sex the same phenomenon occurs (and for a lot of dl's diapers are connected to sex).

It's even as old as the way to Rome; post coitum omne animal triste est, sive gallus et mulier (after sex all animals are sad, except the cock and the woman).

Diaper blues...

Ah, and btw; this seems to be independent from what society regards as ok or not ok.