Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TSA Agents Now Making People Remove Adult Diapers

Default TSA Agents Now Making People Remove Adult Diapers

Check this story out. I feel bad for this woman. It could happen to DLs too.

TSA Agents Now Making Elderly Women Remove Their Adult Diapers
    Last edited by GNL; 27-Jun-2011 at 02:41.

Very well then.

I now know to never wear a diaper through Airport security. And I advise no one else here to do so unless it is for incon. or something of the like.

Next time a thread comes around saying "Should I wear a diaper while flying...", link to that news article. If they're willing to pull that shit on some wrinkly old lady they'll be more than willing to do something about a teenager or young adult.

WarrenW

Yeah I just saw that on cnn. that is sick.

The article mentions that the TSA folks asked the mother to remove the diaper because it was soiled, so that they could continue their search; at least they didn't do it themselves, as that would have been more invasive.

I, personally, would hope that people with incontinence challenges would be allowed to move through airport security with a bit more speed and attention to privacy in the future. Maybe a card or something of the sort could be in the future? .

If not, then I would hope those people/those in care of those people would be more responsible than this woman and bring extra changes if there is room. (I do feel sorry for this woman, though--I don't know if she didn't have room for extras or if she forgot, but either way it inconvenienced her grandmother; I hope their trip was fairly uneventful)

Thanks for sharing this article.

Quote Originally Posted by Kif View Post
    The article mentions that the TSA folks asked the mother to remove the diaper because it was soiled, so that they could continue their search; at least they didn't do it themselves, as that would have been more invasive.

I, personally, would hope that people with incontinence challenges would be allowed to move through airport security with a bit more speed and attention to privacy in the future. Maybe a card or something of the sort could be in the future? .

If not, then I would hope those people/those in care of those people would be more responsible than this woman and bring extra changes if there is room. (I do feel sorry for this woman, though--I don't know if she didn't have room for extras or if she forgot, but either way it inconvenienced her grandmother; I hope their trip was fairly uneventful)

Thanks for sharing this article.
    Yeah, I'm in no way siding with the TSA on this, but I was thinking something similar.

She was boarding a plane and the diaper was already soiled, yet she didn't have a change? That's extremely ill-prepared. Even if she hadn't been made to change right there, she probably would have leaked if it was already soiled, since it mentions it being a Depends product, and we know those aren't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    Yeah, I'm in no way siding with the TSA on this, but I was thinking something similar.

She was boarding a plane and the diaper was already soiled, yet she didn't have a change? That's extremely ill-prepared. Even if she hadn't been made to change right there, she probably would have leaked if it was already soiled, since it mentions it being a Depends product, and we know those aren't that great.
    You know, come to think of it, I suppose I'm not that surprised she was wearing cheapy diapers too. Maybe her grandmother was recently put into diapers? Somebody I knew had to wear them for several weeks, and we bought Depends because it was more convenient to grab them while on a grocery run. That, and the person in consideration had some amount of mobility and didn't need full-fledged diapers. I wonder if that many people even think to buy better diapers online? They're not advertised...

If you're going to get searched by TSA I don't think it really matters if you are wearing a diaper or not...
    AFAIK they aren't going to look for any medical proof that you are actually incontinent and they are going to be just as intrusive either way...

The fact that they are being so meticulous right now is really the interesting part.

Oh no it the 95 year old terrorist who can't walk we are all doomed *sarcasm* yea that is what would have happened if the didn't take off the diaper
    Last edited by SoggyButtJoe; 27-Jun-2011 at 04:15.

It makes me want to go to the airport wearing a diaper, hoping like hell they'll search me. It's at that point I'll say in a loud and embarrassing voice, "Yes, change my diaper mommy!" teeheeheehee.....

If you read the first comment to the posted article, the guy says she should have been searched because Arab terrorists work 8 hours a day. The next comment says, only 8 hours? It's amazing what people will accept as reasonable search. Well, I for one will be looking out for terrorists every time I see a 95 year old woman, wearing a diaper and stuck in a wheel chair. If that's not an obvious terrorist, then I don't know what is!

To be fair, terrorists are smart people who will use sleeper agents that do not fit typical 'youngish, nervous-looking Middle Eastern man' media archetypes of terrorists. Still seems like this could have been more easily solved by using one of the TSA's many wonderful see-through-clothes machines. Not an outrage, but inconvenient and embarrassing. The More You Know (tm)