Thread: Money orders

Default Money orders

So i want to buy some plastic pants.
    Now as you can imagine i don't want my parents knowing about this so i cant use their credit card.
    So i wanted to use the Money Order system.
    The problem is i don't quite know how that works. i have a sort of an idea, but i would like it to be a bit clearer.

So can anyone out there help me out?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but i thought ordering diapers fitted here best)

I've never done a money order, but I've recieved one. I think you make sure the place your ordering from takes money orders, and see what name they want on the money order. Go to a grocery store, many customer service places do money orders. They will ask how much you want on it, and will charge you a fee.

I'm not sure if you can do this with online companies but, you can go to the post office and get on from them really cheap, basically all they do is you pay them for the amount the money order is for plust the cost of the money order which for me was like a dollar and change, then they send this special paper to the recipient who then goes to thenpost office and redeems the money order for the amount

Hey Slannen20,

Money orders are purchased over the counter at any Australia post outlet. They can be made out for any amount of money you like. There is a small fee (couple of bucks I think) for every money order. Then you simply post it to the seller as you would a cheque. The huge advantage to money orders are they are as good as cash and only redeemable by the person it is made out to.

As a side note, I do not normally advertise on social sites like this (it's probably against ADISC's rules anyway) but I can supply you with plastic pants in a number of different colours/sizes. Contact me for more details if you are interested.

The trick will be finding an online site that takes them. Most sites want immediate payment. A better option would be to buy a pre paid Visa Or MasterCard. They sell them in many grocery stores usually in 20, 25, 50 and 100 dollar amounts. I know some places even sell them in any amount from 5 to 500 and you can specify. All you have to do is register the card with your name and then use them to place your online order (doesn't even have to be your name or address if you are having it shipped elsewhere)