Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS2 controllers

Default PS2 controllers

So I'm looking on the internet and finding no luck. I want to go back to PS2 and play Metal Gear Solid. The problem is that I can't beat the damn torture scene without rapid fire, and I can't find a damn rapid fire controller for PS2 on the market anywhere, at any price. That includes Amazon, eBay, and Google. Anyone have any ideas? I'm planning to get a PS3 sometime, but I understand not all PS3s are backward compatible.

Thrift stores? Or pc emulator with joypad?
    Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

Worth noting that the game specifically looks for this. I think it's even mentioned during the cutscene.

---------- Post added at 00:54 ---------- Previous post was at 00:52 ----------

And would add... I found the easiest way to make it through was to use my index finger vice my thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Worth noting that the game specifically looks for this. I think it's even mentioned during the cutscene.
    It's bluffing. I successfully used rapid fire on two different controllers over the years. Both are long gone by now.

"vice"?

---------- Post added at 03:34 ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Thrift stores? Or pc emulator with joypad?
    Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
    I'll run through gamestop at some point, but my general feeling is always that things disappear from stores well before they disappear from the internet.

How does an emulator work?

I couldn't ever get past the first level in Metal Gear Solid. (PS1)

I failed

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    It's bluffing. I successfully used rapid fire on two different controllers over the years. Both are long gone by now.

"vice"?[COLOR="Silver"]
    That figures @ bluffing.

And vice... vice can be a preposition: instead of; in the place of. See: Vice | Define Vice at Dictionary.com :p

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    I'll run through gamestop at some point, but my general feeling is always that things disappear from stores well before they disappear from the internet.

How does an emulator work?
    An emulator is a piece of software for the PC that "emulates" a console - so you can download a PS1 game and run it on the PC. I use it for old GBA and N64 games!

Oh man, I loved that game so much. I wanted to play it a bit ago and I tried to download it for PC but it wouldn't run on Windows 7 without imploding. Good luck on your search!

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    And vice... vice can be a preposition: instead of; in the place of. See: Vice | Define Vice at Dictionary.com :p
    Hipster.

My friends and I beat it just buy pressing down a spoon and rubbing it back and forth on the button.

Give it a try.