Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Tape Diapers...where do you start?

Default 3 Tape Diapers...where do you start?

Just wondering which tapes did you start with while putting it on? Sorry if it sound obvious or dumb question but I am just wondering...

For me, I usually start on bottom left (from my view while laying down), then bottom right, then working back and forth on the way up.

That's really the best way to put on any diaper from my experience just make sure to angle the bottom tapes up, the middle slightly up and then pull the back up snugly and the put apply the top tapes angled downward

And don't worry that's not a dumb question at all

That's how I've done it too, it just seems natural to me. Whether or not that's right. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
    Just wondering which tapes did you start with while putting it on? Sorry if it sound obvious or dumb question but I am just wondering...

For me, I usually start on bottom left (from my view while laying down), then bottom right, then working back and forth on the way up.
    Total agreement! Good call, sis! ^_^

However, I am partial to the one tape Super Dry Kids. They have the most authentic feel and appearance, and, after a little adjustment, fit perfectly.

Funny, I always start with the top tapes on my 4 tape diapers. The top tapes only have to keep the top of the diaper in place, they only pull in one direction, toward the other top tape. The bottom tapes have TWO directions to adjust for, one toward each other and one around the leg cuffs, so they require a little more thought to get on right for leakproofness. So I prefer to have the top ones taken care of already, so the diaper is held about in place while I pay attention to the fit on the lower tape. I've never been able to get a lower tape on right the first try when it was the first tape I attached.

I've had some tapes become contaminated by oil and powder. It's very difficult to get a proper fit with the diaper after that happens. So, I've designed my fastening routine around reducing the likelihood of tape contamination.

I fasten the bottoms first because those tend to be the most likely to get oil or powder on them. Then I fasten the tops because they are the second-most likely set to be contaminated. If the diaper has a third set of tapes in the middle, then I fasten them last to better snug the fit.

I also start with the bottom tapes. Sounds like your on the right track good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmy View Post

Do it either standing or sitting down. If you're still getting good at it, I like standing and leaning such that the diaper can be pulled equally high front and back. That is, the top of the back of the diaper is even with the top of the front of the diaper.

Then choose a side, left or right. Get the elastic for that side's leg really snug tight in the crotch and stretched fully. Fasten the tape on that side to keep the leg tight. Repeat with the other leg.

Pull the front and back of the diaper around your torso. Hold one of the two sides in place and fasten the middle tape for that side. Don't pull that side tighter after letting go of the other side, or your diaper will be uneven at the end. Now pull the other side tight and repeat with the middle tape on that side.

Repeat the process for the middle tapes with the top tapes.

Enjoy!

I am also a bottom taper so to speak and normally start with the bottom left one because I am left handed.

Interesting replies! I always appreciate to see what other people normally do. Look like it's common way to tape the diaper.

I am left handed too, btw. =)