Thread: Wilfred (2011 FX verison)

Default Wilfred (2011 FX verison)

Last night I watched the new FX show called Wilfred. It has Elljiah Wood playing Randy and the show kicks off with him writing a 4th revised suicide letter and printing it off. He then uses pills his sister got for him and dumps them into a smoothie for a easier overdose. He waits a long time for them to kill him, but they never do.

The next morning his neighbor asks him to dog-sit for her. Her dog Wilfred but Randy sees the dog as a man in a dog outfit. The dog and Randy then proceed to talk about Randy's life or lack of one. They also proceed to smoke pot as well as drink beer, Wilfred also clearly sexually harasses a woman. To everyone but Randy, Wilfred is just a sheep dog. It's only randy that can communicate with Wilfred and see his antics which are mostly illegal for now or just plain rude.

However the chemistry between the two is outstanding and it's by far one of the best pilot shows I've ever seen. I really think this show is going to turn out a lot like Lost in the way it deals with personal and philosophical issues. Episode 1 and 2 will air on FX next Thursday. It's also 30 mins long, though more like 21 with ads.

I missed it, kinda wanted to see it, looked funny. Any idea when that other show is coming on called "Louie"? keep seeing it advertised as well. It has been awhile since FX has had a good show. They canceled 24 and Prison Break is over.

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    I missed it, kinda wanted to see it, looked funny. Any idea when that other show is coming on called "Louie"? keep seeing it advertised as well. It has been awhile since FX has had a good show. They canceled 24 and Prison Break is over.
    Louie came on directly after Wilfred did. I didn't bother watching it since I've seen that guy before and never really liked him.

I just watched it on Hulu. I was crying because of how funny it was. I hope I get off work in time to see the next episode. This is honestly the best comedy to come on FX in ages by my opinion.

Seen two episodes this far, and I'm pretty impressed. It's a very funny show. Then again, I was a huge Lord of the Rings fan as a kid!