Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Loser

Default Biggest Loser

so my mom is has been trying to motivate me to lose weight because im always like yay okay so hitting the gym this week -____- but i never do!
    btw sont think she calls me fat its just ugh i was less but i gained alot of weight in a couple years and its hard for me to lose weight (something to do with a off hormonal balance ,possibly thyroid condition) so i need a push

so she made a deal with me we have 4 weeks to meet our goals our final weigh in will be Aug. 15 and if i meet my goal me and her will jump on a plane to vegas for 3 days and i get to see 3 shows on the 17th btw ive been dying to see love the cirqu de solei show

so any tips? comments? whatever you want :]

If you like numbers (I know I do) make a spreadsheet. I have one that I use when I go on a diet that has columns like:

Week # | Weight | Calories Sun .. | .. | Sat | BMR | Loss estimate by BMR | Actual Loss | Total Loss

I set it up so you just enter your calories each day and weight each week and it fills in the rest. I've had good success with it.

oh wow that sounds uber smart

thanks for the tip ill try it but i dont know if ill keep with it

Whenever I have a discipline problem I put myself in a situation where I am forced to complete my goal whether or not I want too.

Maybe you could ask your mom to drop you off a mile or two away from your house so that you're forced to walk home nomatter what. =p

If you want I will post the spreadsheet, but you will need to adjust the BMR calculations to fit your age/sex/weight/activity level.

BMR ugh i took high school Foundations im supposed to know this but it was a fly by course with a not so smart teacher -_____- i didnt learn much the test were like 10 multiple choice test besides i just needed the credit :]

I find that if I just put my shoes on to go running, I'll feel compelled to go running.

BMR = Basal Metabolic rate. It's just a rough estimate of how many Calories you use on average per day. I use it as a gauge for how many Calories I should be eating to lose weight at a certain rate. It's entirely possible to scrap these calculations entirely, though. You can find the formula pretty easily if you google around for it.

I find it helps to take the temptation away. if you don't have your favorite food in the house, you can't eat it. Find ways to exercise that you would enjoy. I like bike riding.

Yeah, right on, dogboy. I find the same thing for myself. Also, I can't buy things in large containers like chips, because I can't trust myself to exercise good enough discretion with them. If you can, then kudos hehe. I find I'll set a bag of chips by the computer idly munching one or two.. then I reach down and "hey, the bag's empty!" and I think.. hmm.. I just bought these 2 days ago and that means about +~650Cal/day. Oops.