Thread: A question for other Star Trek fans

Default A question for other Star Trek fans

I am looking for an episode/movie in which all of the Star Trek captains took turns in the opening monologue.

I believe it started with Kirk "Space the final frontier"

and ended with Archer "Where no one has gone before"

From Wikipedia - "The titles of two episodes also mention lines of the title sequence of the original Star Trek series: "Strange New World" and "These Are the Voyages...". The latter is the finale of Enterprise, and also closes with a voice-over of the quotation, segueing from Picard's Next Generation opening to Kirk and then closing with Jonathan Archer using the original series' gender-specific version:

Picard: Space... the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission... Kirk: To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. Archer: To boldly go where no man has gone before."

Ahhh. It must be the final episode of Enterprise.

My son and I were talking about it and I thought it was something done with the new Star Trek movie, but when we watched it to find out ... nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    Ahhh. It must be the final episode of Enterprise.

My son and I were talking about it and I thought it was something done with the new Star Trek movie, but when we watched it to find out ... nothing.
    Indeed it must. I'm glad I was able to find what you were looking for.

Yeah, that monolouge is from the last episode of Enterprise- sorry if I'm late for joining in but I am a Star Trek fan and I do remember that from the last episode of Enterprise. I was however, not a fan of that particular Star Trek series as I hated how they changed what was already established from previous Trek shows. I also thought Scott Bakula as wrongly cast as Captain Archer, I didn't find him a believeable starship captain. Zapp Brannigan makes a more plausable captain than Captain Archer.

Nice to know I'm not the only Star Trek fan out there... Space, the Final Frontier...

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Yeah, that monolouge is from the last episode of Enterprise- sorry if I'm late for joining in but I am a Star Trek fan and I do remember that from the last episode of Enterprise. I was however, not a fan of that particular Star Trek series as I hated how they changed what was already established from previous Trek shows. I also thought Scott Bakula as wrongly cast as Captain Archer, I didn't find him a believeable starship captain. Zapp Brannigan makes a more plausable captain than Captain Archer.

Nice to know I'm not the only Star Trek fan out there... Space, the Final Frontier...

WildThing121675
    You, sir, have just made a friend. I couldn't stomach what that show did to established continuity. Then again, I couldn't stomach what Rick Berman did to the franchise in the name of money all together, either...

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    You, sir, have just made a friend. I couldn't stomach what that show did to established continuity. Then again, I couldn't stomach what Rick Berman did to the franchise in the name of money all together, either...
    the only good Startrek IMHO as a show has been TNG with Stewart and gang but I don't even attempt to watch it mainly since I view Stargate as a better show in every way. Granted it's a decade or few newer. But as for Enterpise the one from 2000 something. I tried getting into it and it just simply sucked from my point of view. It's main problem is it din't get me interested unlike J.J. Abrams movie did. Still kinda surprised he did it even with his love of sci-fi.

I disagree. TNG was the worst series. It set the stage for the failure that was the future of the franchise. It eliminated adventure and personality and replaced it with technobabble and really really ugly uniforms (and dust buster phasers). Not to say there weren't good episodes (THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!) but most of the rest revolved around some absurd plot involving aliens with bumpy humanoid heads resolved by some monoquantum tachyon phased electrodilithium burst from the deflector shield.

TNG was awesome & it had some great episodes!! Plus, it had a very good & beloved cast as well!! While DS9 & Voyager had a crisper look to them, they would not have been made without TNG & some of the TNG cast made it on those 2 series as well!! Without TNG, we wouldn't have the Borg or Q, two additions that any Trekker knows about!! I respect your opinion, sparkmaster on TNG!! But, TNG is by far the most liked, if not loved, series of any of the ones made & has a greater following too!!

Due to my obsession with Star Trek, I should add... I have even my own TNG-era starship I play with and write stories for. I call it, Star Trek Republic- It's set on an Excelsior-class starship at the time of TNG's 5th season and onward.

I love to spend time on the Republic. It's good stress relief.

WildThing121675